Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Long Range Driver' Side Mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all I just took delivery of a 2023 Model Y Long Range. My driver's side mirror begins to shake at speeds above 60 mph. Otherwise, it is fine. I have seen many posts about this when I looked it up online. The passenger side is fine. I don't want to have them take my new car apart if there is another fix. Several have said a new mirror from Tesla didn't solve the problem. Any expertise and advice will be appreciated.

I have attached this fix as well which I found online.
Mirror.png

Same issue on MYLR I picked up in May. I took it in Aug and was told it’s a known issue and Tesla is coming out with a fix. They won’t replace the mirror because they have been told my Tesla it doesn’t fix the issue. I said I will check back in 2-3 months so going to check with them in couple weeks.

I confirmed it this morning. I do not have the driver's side side view mirror vibration at any speed with my OEM Euro Mirror. So, it must have either been a flaw with the US OEM mirror attachment points, or maybe it was loose, and when I installed the new mirror, the new mirror properly seated.

Thank you very much @JayPaul . I will look for OEM from Europe. My previous car (a Hyundai had the same issue with the mirror replaced 3 times). I think a curse is following me :rolleyes:.

It is a lot of money for the Euro spec OEM mirror, so I don't want you to be let down if you still have vibrations. I paid $173.58 shipped for a single mirror.

I wanted the convex mirror because my seating angle made it very difficult to use the driver's side mirror. The Euro convex mirror lets you see WAY more. I also wanted to keep the dimming and heating functions.

Before:
1706111701899.png

After:
1706111722409.png