Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My coworker just spotted a pretty MS P85D in the doctor's lot at our hospital.
I've been boring everyone about my Tesla dreams and orders/cancellations/reorders.
We had to go out and take a peak, so exciting! The 1st Tesla I've seen since my test drive back in February!
MC Red, no real license plates, just lame Nebraska Husker booster plates on the front and back.
hate to see them get a ticket, even if they are Cornhuskers. :wink:

On my way to work this morning, I was surprised to find a Model S (PURENV) staring at me in my rear view. When traffic hit a light, he pulled up next to me and gave a thumbs up while I waved. We pretty much stuck together for 3 miles until he had to turn. Yet another best ever on-the-road sighting. :biggrin:
2015-10-01_model-s-sighting-49.png

It's kind of odd how I haven't seen as many in oncoming traffic lately and the first two I saw going my direction have been in the past 5 weeks. I hope my Tesla sense isn't broken, but if it is, this is a good sign that the number of local owners is steadily increasing.

A report from Calif. only because it was a bit unique: heading down 101 South near Whipple Ave. in Redwood City, passed two Signature Red Model S within half a mile of each other. And, both owners appeared to be allergic to the white HOV stickers and preferred to crawl in the traffic-filled lanes while I whizzed past them in the carpool lane.

A report from Calif. only because it was a bit unique: heading down 101 South near Whipple Ave. in Redwood City, passed two Signature Red Model S within half a mile of each other. And, both owners appeared to be allergic to the white HOV stickers and preferred to crawl in the traffic-filled lanes while I whizzed past them in the carpool lane.

I can't image doing that for 3 years. I could barely stand it for the few weeks it took to get my stickers.

Glad to see so many Tesla owners out enjoying Highway 1 today. Came across five Model Ss during my journey from SLO to Monterey...including some of the rarer colors (green and brown). I'd guess the Seaside supercharger was pretty busy today, and I'd like to see Tesla put a supercharger in the Avila Beach/Pismo area, that way you could charge there rather than have to go all the way down to Buellton or go back up and over the grade to get to Atascadero.

Glad to see so many Tesla owners out enjoying Highway 1 today. Came across five Model Ss during my journey from SLO to Monterey...including some of the rarer colors (green and brown). I'd guess the Seaside supercharger was pretty busy today, and I'd like to see Tesla put a supercharger in the Avila Beach/Pismo area, that way you could charge there rather than have to go all the way down to Buellton or go back up and over the grade to get to Atascadero.

I'm thinking of doing a road trip out to that highway from Colorado next year, just to take the Tesla out there. :)

A few weeks ago I had to take a trip down to Morro Bay to see my father and have a family meeting. On I-5 around Colinga I saw an entire truck load of brand new Teslas going south. I didn't think to grab my phone for a picture until I was past the truck.

Looks like I need to cut down on my sightings posts, as it appears I'm the most frequent poster and usually have large dashcam images. I suppose I'll start by cutting out sightings across highway medians, which is a good half of them and don't really make for good pictures.

Anyway, I coincidentally saw another one on the way home today which may qualify as my 5th best sighting. Didn't get it on dashcam since it was behind me the whole time. It was a beautiful white one that followed me (a few cars behind) off M-53 to Van Dyke and took a left turn at a light while I went straight. The light was red just long enough for me to roll down my window and awkwardly wave at it just behind to my left. Couldn't see through the windshield reflection if the driver responded.

I secretly hope to come to this thread on day and find a random pic of my car. So if I end up driving around Detroit, I'll want Pilot_51 still posting pics!

That was one of my unmet goals with our road trip from Southern California to Maine this past May.

I posted several random Model S that I've spotted on the drive, but was never someone else's "random" Model S.

I know that I've "made it" when I see our Model S on this thread.

I secretly hope to come to this thread on day and find a random pic of my car. So if I end up driving around Detroit, I'll want Pilot_51 still posting pics!

That was one of my unmet goals with our road trip from Southern California to Maine this past May.

I posted several random Model S that I've spotted on the drive, but was never someone else's "random" Model S.

I know that I've "made it" when I see our Model S on this thread.

That's why I come here too, lol

Hehe, okay y'all, I guess I'll continue posting it all for the time being if nobody objects. Though, I would like to see a little more dilution from other people's sightings so I don't feel so much like I'm spamming the thread with my obsession. And, well, hopefully more chance of a sighting of my car showing up here. :wink:

Hehe, okay y'all, I guess I'll continue posting it all for the time being if nobody objects. Though, I would like to see a little more dilution from other people's sightings so I don't feel so much like I'm spamming the thread with my obsession. And, well, hopefully more chance of a sighting of my car showing up here. :wink:

Keep 'em coming, Pilot_51!
I can't post any sitings, Teslas are as rare as hens teeth here in Iowa, especially on the poor side of town where I live!

Thanks to my lovely wife I can contribute here. The past two weeks she's been at Merion train station in the Philly area and parked behind this beauty. It makes her day because she knows I'm obsessed and the lot is usually pretty full.

So here it is!

2015-10-15.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-10-15.jpg
    2015-10-15.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 157