Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Democrats vs Republicans and their respective tunnel visions is very similar to Ketchup (Catsup) vs Mustard when it comes to the One True Condiment for hot dogs.

In that condiment arena, your choice makes perfect sense to you, and anyone choosing the other condiment is obviously a <redacted> <eradicated> <obfuscated> person!

And lest there be any confusion on which side of the ball-park I'm on: National Mustard Museum | Learn. Taste. Shop. Laugh!

Well at least you are right!

Last edited:
I like both ketchup and mustard.

I like cheese and bacon:tongue:wait, what are we talking about?

TM has enough money to do it right and overtime will prove the point. They might do it a bit slower than projected but all passionate engineers do that since it's in their nature. But I still read the naysayers because it's just plain fun.

I like both ketchup and mustard.

Must... resist... religious... condiment... wars!

Or maybe not! :tongue:

So Ketchup is usually just high fructose corn syrup with a dash of tomatoes and spices. Sometimes Kraft goes crazy and adds non-red food coloring to make funny looking Ketchup to attract new consumers.

Mustard comes in a near-infinite variety of flavors and textures, from smooth and bland to incendiary and grainy, and has a vastly richer history than the upstart chromatically flagrant challenger.

For some reason Ketchup doesn't seem to have quite the long running historical cult-like following (or a real museum!) that Mustard has; it pains me greatly that neither my wife nor son are on the right side of this debate! :cursing:

Must... resist... religious... condiment... wars!

Or maybe not! :tongue:

So Ketchup is usually just high fructose corn syrup with a dash of tomatoes and spices. Sometimes Kraft goes crazy and adds non-red food coloring to make funny looking Ketchup to attract new consumers.

Mustard comes in a near-infinite variety of flavors and textures, from smooth and bland to incendiary and grainy, and has a vastly richer history than the upstart chromatically flagrant challenger.

For some reason Ketchup doesn't seem to have quite the long running historical cult-like following (or a real museum!) that Mustard has; it pains me greatly that neither my wife nor son are on the right side of this debate! :cursing:

'Scuse me. You clearly have not tried Stonewall Kitchens Country Ketchup. No fructose, spicy, and a cult following. Country Ketchup | Ketchup | Stonewall Kitchen - Specialty Foods, Gifts, Gift Baskets, Kitchenware and Kitchen Accessories, Tableware, Home and Garden Dcor and Accessories

- - - Updated - - -

(thanks for moving - didn't have privileges in the other forum)

One of the great things about these forums, there is always someone who knows more about any topic I can dream about pontificating (erroneously?) about!

Might have to give that Ketchup you mention a try... I'm mostly against Ketchup in general due to the over-processed ingredients and taste normally found, but if there is a quality product with some flavor... hmm!

There are a dozen different varieties of ketchup at my local Whole Foods, and they don't carry any products with HFCS. I use Organicville ketchup, though Annie's is also good.

For people with young kids, mustard really isn't an option, and I'm grateful to have the option of different types of ketchup with low sugar.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a dozen different varieties of ketchup at my local Whole Foods, and they don't carry any products with HFCS. I use Organicville ketchup, though Annie's is also good.

For people with young kids, mustard really isn't an option, and I'm grateful to have the option of different types of ketchup with low sugar.

- - - Updated - - -

Heard you the first time, but I guess you're just so used to repeating everything because your kids don't listen to you the first time around...

Did you say something?

I like both catsup and mustard, and I often mix them. Catsup is a very lowbrow flavor, and I like it. There are highbrow and lowbrow mustards. I like the lowbrow ones best. And I'll take a good high-quality lowbrow milk chocolate over highbrow dark chocolate any day. But I also love steamed vegetables with a little soy sauce or celery salt (no butter or margarine!!!) and big salads.

Nutritionally, there's no significant difference between high-fructose corn syrup and pure cane sugar. Both are pure sugars, devoid of nutritional value other than calories. There might be a slight difference in glycemic index between sucrose and fructose. Both are equally harmful in excess, and harmless in moderation. I like the flavor of agave syrup, but it's silly to think that it's "healthier" than corn syrup. I also like the taste of real maple syrup and clover honey, but they, too, are nutritionally empty and just as unhealthy as sucrose and fructose (corn syrup). The problem with fructose is just that so many processed foods have so much of it. But those foods were just as bad when they were made with sucrose (cane sugar).

Catsup is high in sugar, but most people don't eat large quantities of it.

"Catsup" is more correct than "ketchup" because anything with the word "cats" is better than anything without.

Neither Ketchup, Mustard, Republicans or Democrats! :) Give me fermented vegetables in the form of pickles or sauerkraut!

And replace all of DC with fermented vegetables too.
Now there's a plan I like!!! (Though I don't care whether you replace DC with fermented or raw veggies.)

No, I think I'm the libertarian of condiments -- none at all! Give me my meat unadorned and rare.

My wife is a dedicated carnie and likes a good unadorned filet, but she also likes her beef raw and thinly sliced with pickles and aioli. Sadly, the restaurant in Brunswick where she'd get beef carpaccio shut down and north of Portland you very often can't just go somewhere else for the same thing. (Well, except for the normal common stuff).

PS Mmm. Sauerkraut. Well I guess it's really mmm vinegar.

- - - Updated - - -

Nutritionally, there's no significant difference between high-fructose corn syrup and pure cane sugar.

That's the "corn sugar" lobby's line. Of course, that ignores the different metabolism, which is the thing at which critics point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.