Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dark_lord.png

So, based on that little tid bit, I will stay the course and see how things pan out.

Thanks for that! You made me look up Tid Bit to see where it comes from. I have heard it several times lately, and wondered, as I also hear it "Titbit", which proves to be the original form. A "Tit" is a printer's mark meaning a letter was left out, like an apostrophe, and it means something little, or tiny. Like saying a "Tiny bit". Of course, in America, we have changed that to Tid, for whatever reason, possibly only puritanical.

Anyway, for all you who enjoy etymology, "There you go".

HAHAHA - I just had a total brain fart. First time I read this I was thinking about the beer - not the record breaking authority. For a minute I thought Elon's prize was going to be a case of Guinness or something.

Actually, when he said Adam was a big fan of Guiness, I immediately envisaged him knocking back glasses of Irish stout, and thought, "That's one precocious 12-yr. old! Already taught how to drink and drive by his Dad!"

:scared::eek::confused::biggrin:

Thanks for that! You made me look up Tid Bit to see where it comes from. I have heard it several times lately, and wondered, as I also hear it "Titbit", which proves to be the original form. A "Tit" is a printer's mark meaning a letter was left out, like an apostrophe, and it means something little, or tiny. Like saying a "Tiny bit". Of course, in America, we have changed that to Tid, for whatever reason, possibly only puritanical.

Anyway, for all you who enjoy etymology, "There you go".
Yeah. I think it's a mash-moosh of "tad", which fits perfectly on its own, and "tidbit" which is a small but tasty item. Plus maybe a hint of "wee bit" thrown in! The end result is kind of a verbal kluge, IMO.

For those that don't know, the big claim to fame was the special filter that created a perfectly contaminate free rinse, and the car would air dry to a perfect shine (no water spots) without any toweling off.
Just import some Vancouver tap water. It comes down off the mountains so fast it's super-soft. Though most don't know it, it's best to use pure soap cleaners as the phosphate softeners etc. in standard detergents are unnecessary here and leave residue. :eek::smile:

Well this just paid for itself ... GPS tracking of your pet. The dogs all got collar tracking devices in their Christmas stockings.

One of my dogs has learned how to navigate a culvert on the property. Within seconds of his escape, I received a text message telling me he was outside the perimeter. And then I calmly walked over to the neighbor's place, because the mapping app showed me exactly where he was and where he was heading. This was boatloads better than wandering around hoping to find him ... I highly recommend.

Advanced Dog GPS Tracking Systems | Tagg the Pet Tracker

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither the Surface nor the iPad are going to win me over as a primary computing platform. There simply isn't enough real estate on the screen, at reasonable magnifications, to allow me to do serious work -- writing long documents, designing / analyzing complex spreadsheets. Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I'd like to think that a significant portion of America's knowledge workers can usefully employ a serious screen backup up by a serious microprocessor -- and, therefore, by efficient batteries. As noted above, the 18650 remains the king of the power/price/size/weight combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.