Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please give me a reason to buy Tesla, and thousand excuses for not buying a Jaguar.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sad, I want to buy Model X, but My family vote against. How do i get it through?

Please give me a reason to buy Tesla, and thousand excuses for not buying a Jaguar.

My family always insists that it’s very troublesome to charge every day, every week. We went to the Jaguar XJ 4S shop, the car is very beautiful and interior is so cool, and it’s not expensive.

Attachments

• a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 81
  • a21.jpg
    a21.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 61
So sad, I want to buy Model X, but My family vote against. How do i get it through?

My family always insists that it’s very troublesome to charge every day, every week. We went to the Jaguar XJ 4S shop, the car is very beautiful and interior is so cool, and it’s not expensive.

Why would you have to charge everyday? Do you go more than 400kms every day?

The Model X will be much smoother, much more than a V-12, and a lot more fun to drive.

The Falcon wing doors will work much better in tight parking, and easier to work with child seats.

Charging at home is more convenient than going to a gas station every week, and zero imported petroleum use will help your nation's energy security.

The windshield offers an awesome view.

Your purchase will help Tesla finance the Model III, so you are helping to bringing the joy of electric driving to people that cannot afford the X.

Good Luck!

GSP

You can drive on renewable energy. And, as stated above, charging is not troublesome. It's not like you'll be fiddling with cords from the trunk. Mount a charger in your garage and plug the nozzle in when you get home. It takes five seconds.

Lastly, there are many discussions on here about EV owners never wanted to go back to ICE. There are many good reasons for that. If you haven't driven a Tesla yet, do so and you'll understand.

I'll give you one reason for not buying a Jaguar. Depreciation. It is truly staggering the amount of value these vehicle lose over time. If you plan on never selling, it won't be a factor for you.

Plus the Tesla is safer, more fun to drive, and arguably better for the planet.

1) Take a test drive in a Model S. That'll give people a feel for electric acceleration, driving and riding. It's a different experience.
2) If you'll be able to install an EVSE at home it's _not_ inconvenient. It's convenient. It's maybe 20 seconds per day. If you simply plug in every time you get home it'll become enough of a habit that you'll often find yourself plugging in even when you don't need to. (My wife does it in our Volt, which is her commuter.)
3) If you can't install an EVSE at home, the inconvenience level would depend on how many miles you drive.

Because you get better value.
Apart from the import tax nearly every imported car to China has a premium on top of the normal price, including Jaguar.
Having owned two Jaguars in the past I would not consider buying another, too many mechanical problems.
Can you drive in the bus lanes with an EV like Tesla in Shenzhen, I know you can in Beijing and Shanghai. It means it is easier to move in busy traffic.
With a Tesla, you become part of the solution, with a Jaguar, you are part of the problem.
Teslas are cool - Jaguars are Tou Hao!:)
In a year or two tax on petrol cars will be much higher in China, especially those with a larger engine like a Jaguar and people will see you as a polluter. If you have a Tesla, people will see you as a visionary.

I know family come first but sometimes you have to help them make good decisions.

But, how does it drive? Is acceleration and cornering important to you? Sounds like you want a bling car so Tesla is probably not for your family.

As far as charging goes, you'll have to fill-up Jaguar as often as Tesla if you drive in a city since they both have about the same range per tank/charge. With Tesla you have an advantage of 'filing-up' at night, in your parking lot/garage.

Last edited:
I was a Jaguar fanatic since owning my first in 1970 and until I purchased a Tesla had them for over 40 years. I went through the good and the bad and still love them but the Tesla is the most incredible car I have ever owned. Not to mention not having to buy gas and what is does for the environment. Not sure what issues you may have as far as electricity but you plug it in at night and you are ready to go the next morning. If you can get your family to drive a Tesla they will be hooked.

There's an old joke about a rich guy who buys a Rolls Royce. A couple of weeks later he's out driving it and the engine quits. He calls up the dealer, outraged. "This car is brand new! How can it already be broken? You need to fix this right now!"

They come pick the car up, white glove tow truck and all that, and get it into the shop. Everything looks fine, but the gas tank is empty. They fill it up and it starts up again. They ask the owner, "When was the last time you put gas in it?"

The owner replies, "I paid half a million dollars for this car, and you're saying I have to put gas in it too?!"

With Tesla, you can have what was once just a delusional rich man's fantasy.

Saying that it's "troublesome to charge every day" is way off the mark, hilariously so. It takes five seconds to plug the car in. Is five seconds a day "troublesome"? Is it more or less troublesome then spending five minutes a week at the gas station?

It's amazing how people fail to understand the convenience of EVs. They think charging is a hassle. But why? Charging is one of the great advantages of owning an EV. In what other car is your "tank" full in the morning, every single morning, without fail? Imagine if you bought your Jaguar and then paid somebody to sneak into your garage at night and fill up the tank for you so you never have to do it yourself? That would be cool but too crazy to even consider, right? But that's exactly what you get with the Tesla.

My wife bought a Mercedes 2016 GLE SUV ("clean diesel"), what a joke, after arriving from the U.S. Tokyo Embassy this past Sept. I've had my Tesla two years come June 28. Her Mercedes' automatic engine stop / start features that most internal combustion engines (ICE) are equipped with shudders when the engine starts. After driving a Tesla nearly two years, it's very annoying.

Wife looked at Ranger Rovers, BMWs, etc., before buying her SUV. Most luxury class SUVs for 2016 come with V4 and they want least 55K then vehicle has no power. My electric bill is 100 bucks /month, 1930 Cape Code era home (not energy efficient). I drive 60 miles /day and have 4 person household. Car is charged when I sleep. In contrast, wife fills up when its 10 or 98 degrees outside, getting God knows what germs on gas on her hands, getting up in the morning realizing the car is empty and allowing extra time to fill car from late night drive. Not having store the anti-freeze or motor oil in my garage is awesome (only windshield washer fluid).

Oh the GPS in wife's Mercedes, its beyond calling it terrible - it’s that bad compared to a Tesla. An individual has to use a dial, select state, push to enter, then look street names, push enter, then manual enter address - push enter. Wife looked at me once and my face was saying WTH?! In a Tesla, place the numbered street address and first few letters in Nav app, city state, and traffic rerouting in real time. Did I mention I had my second GPS update and it was free? Dealer would charge have 800 bucks. There have been two instances wife's 2016 car couldn't find the destination in DC metro area. Lots of construction new street names etc. I stated to her "You paid 60+ thousand for this"? She had to laugh. My car finds new all the development and buildings in DC metro area.

Took a trip to Ohio last Oct and it was a brisk day before we left. Average 25 minutes per supercharger visit. I had to call my wife as she thought it take longer. She wanted to shop (superchargers located in nice areas). 790 mile trip and it was free energy. Afterwards wife stated it was a good experience and was wrong about the car. Too late :- p. Her SUV sits in the driveway majority of the time as the family takes my car. Below is the luggage my wife and son had returning from Tokyo. The cart is the size of Home Depot's orange shopping carts. It wouldn't have fit in her Mercedes if she had it with her then.
luggage.jpg

Last edited:
It's not troublesome to charge. You just plug it in like your smartphone. It has semi autonomous driving. Awesome acceleration. And some unique features like vertically opening doors. You can get 70D if you want to spend less.

I think Plugless Power (pluglesspower.com) is working on a system for the Model X which would eliminate the need to even plug in. Just pull up, walk away and let the Plugless Power system start wirelessly charging your vehicle. They already have a system available for the Model S.