Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Price Change, Delivery Delay, and Tesla Called me to Ask Why I Didn"t Order the P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like carrot better $4k instead of $5k for AWD, why are they using the stick for FSD? They got nothing to show for it, why penalize people? This is unfair practice. FSD might still be years away with all the chances to total the car before you ever use it.

I'm thinking things like sign recognition and traffic indicators will be rolling out shortly. I believe they will FSD features even thought FSD won't be fully rolled out yet.

For goodness sake.....EAP is still in beta - if you really want to be honest.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando
From the configurator, it looks like "dull" and "shiny." Or "nonreflective of light" and "reflective." Does that help? Didn't think so. :)
As someone that's seen a Solid Black Model 3 parked next to an Obsidian Black Metallic Model S, it'd be clearest labeled "Black Primer" & "The Sexy Black You Desire Enough That You're Going To Drop $1000 To Get It, You Know You Want It So Just Click Here Already".

Caveats about owning a black car aside, Obsidian Black Metallic is a beautiful thing to behold. I can't see how it won't look awesome on the Model 3.

Either that or it is because of the better tires and brakes that come with the $5k performance upgrade option.

OR

Spoilers have magical properties that just make things go faster.

Foreign Spoiler.jpg

64k for performance is a great deal I wish I had not taken delivery of my car. For 12.5k more I could have bought a performance (w black and 18”s) so early adopters get the short end of the stick! Maybe add 3750 of lost tax credit to that figure.

Initially I thought this way, however, when I went though designing using my second reservation I made just in case I was interested in a different model car the price difference was much greater.

Using the same color and EAP but in a performance version, my price difference was about $18K. Essentially the almost fully loaded Performance model was $75K. Probably still a little much for me. I was hoping to get lucky and have the performance version be around $70k before the $7.5k tax reduction.

Whether or not it gets the full tax benefit appears to be in question.

I'm reading this to say the prior performance model price of $78K is now $64K + $5k P Options + $1500 White Int = $70500.
A reduction of $7500 (or the full tax credit).

It almost appears that the $7500 tax credit might expire at the end of Q3 (they hit 200k in Q2), prior to the time they can meet delivery of current orders.

I don't understand how they are now projecting orders to take 3-5 mos for delivery from order if they are truly ramped up to 5k a week, and they haven't taken any new orders in weeks.
THis is bad news for those of us still waiting to configure
Where did you get that they hit 200K in quarter 2? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Dan

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Where did you get that they hit 200K in quarter 2? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Dan
Tesla has NOT - and won't - hit 200k cars sold in the US in Q2. People constantly do bad math and confuse US vs global sales (or even production). All that matters is EVs SOLD to US buyers, and that key target of 200k of US sales will hit the first week of July (ergo, the full $7500 tax credit will remain until New Years Eve). I'll bet my 3/31/16 reservation on it ;)