Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Price Change, Delivery Delay, and Tesla Called me to Ask Why I Didn"t Order the P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's fine but what'll get my invite first? Can't choose what to order without an invite.

P.S. Prioritizing doesn't necessarily mean that much if they're choke-pointed on AWD parts. Surely they won't leave production slack if they could be running full capacity with RWD?

It appears the current invitation covers the LR RWD, AWD and AWD Performance versions.
The fastest way to get an invitation is to find a friend with an extra invitation or buy a Model S/X and get priority for another car. :cool:

upload_2018-6-26_19-17-36-png.312702

I'm reading this to say the prior performance model price of $78K is now $64K + $5k P Options + $1500 White Int = $70500.
A reduction of $7500 (or the full tax credit).

Nope.

Non-black paint was included in the 78k before- now it's not.

So 64k plus 5k P, plus 1500 white, plus 1k not-black... is 71.5k

Still a fair bit cheaper, but by a less ominous amount at least :)

The other price thing I noticed.... FSD used to be "3k now, 4k later"...now it's 3k now, 5k later.

The good news- the first FSD features are supposed to be out in August, so the 3-5 month wait will let people make a more informed decision about adding it at the 3k price :)

Reactions: Dr. J
Nope.

Non-black paint was included in the 78k before- now it's not.

So 64k plus 5k P, plus 1500 white, plus 1k not-black... is 71.5k

Still a fair bit cheaper, but by a less ominous amount at least :)

The other price thing I noticed.... FSD used to be "3k now, 4k later"...now it's 3k now, 5k later.

The good news- the first FSD features are supposed to be out in August, so the 3-5 month wait will let people make a more informed decision about adding it at the 3k price :)
And White and Red are now $1500, like the X and S