Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at 2023 Model3 LR. Tell me why I should/shouldn't do it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693519715813.png

Acceleration Boost. In-App upgrade. Do it.

Congrats on the new car.
Second this.

As a ‘performance guy’ myself, to knock down 4.2 to 3.7 in a N.A. Vehicle, you’d be spending over $2k with an upgraded throttle body, fuel rail/injectors, map sensors, tune, etc.

With the acceleration boost, it’s applied like in 20 minutes or less with no aftermarket tuning necessary. It’s just done.

and they just officially revaled/announced highland

Standard range 346 miles (not epa rated yet)

Long range 423 miles (not epa rated yet)

improved suspension

8% efficiency improvement

30% improvement to reduced road / ambient noise

rear screen like model S plaid

ventilated front seats

traditional horn

removed stalks

more responsive and brighter screen

improved bluetooth and wifi

upgraded ventilation / AC system (more controls)

17 speakers, instead of 14 like prior model

about the same price

and they just officially revaled/announced highland

Standard range 346 miles (not epa rated yet)

Long range 423 miles (not epa rated yet)

improved suspension

8% efficiency improvement

30% improvement to reduced road / ambient noise

rear screen like model S plaid

ventilated front seats

traditional horn

removed stalks

more responsive and brighter screen

improved bluetooth and wifi

upgraded ventilation / AC system (more controls)

17 speakers, instead of 14 like prior model

about the same price
That’s a pretty significant upgrade, especially with the range on the L.R. The whole ‘stalkless’ transition is something I’m already accustomed to on our Model S, with a short learning curve.

The one new feature I like, is definitely ventilated seats. That’s like the perfect trifecta with the heated steering wheel and heated seats.

There’s going to be a lot of upset 23’ M3 owners who wished they would have waited. LOL.

dang def some good features in the mid-model refresh. Notably for me the cooled seats, and the dual zone climate control. Either way...those features to me not worth the roughly 5K more it would cost (assuming that the LR price tag goes up a tiny bit to around 48k). Plus what happens to the tax credit on Jan 1st, since it is highly unlikely that anyone in the US will have one by Dec 31st 2023. Tesla themselves said it is likely (though not promised) to decline after Dec 31st 2023, Tesla Tells US Customers Tax Credit Likely To Decline In 2024 - CleanTechnica. Say it goes to 75% of the $7,500 tax credit, $5,625.
Plus the value I got for my 2022 Prius Prime was only going to head down more as I tacked on more miles in the months ahead. All said the 2024 may cost me upwards of 8k to 9K more than what I'm paying tomorrow at delivery.
Heck I was on the bubble about paying what I did, and I think I got a pretty decent at basically 47k for the M3LR, in Gray with taxes included.
Needless to say I am a little jealous of some of the new features, but not enough to wait and risk paying up to 20% more.

Reactions: lencap
dang def some good features in the mid-model refresh. Notably for me the cooled seats, and the dual zone climate control. Either way...those features to me not worth the roughly 5K more it would cost (assuming that the LR price tag goes up a tiny bit to around 48k). Plus what happens to the tax credit on Jan 1st, since it is highly unlikely that anyone in the US will have one by Dec 31st 2023. Tesla themselves said it is likely (though not promised) to decline after Dec 31st 2023, Tesla Tells US Customers Tax Credit Likely To Decline In 2024 - CleanTechnica. Say it goes to 75% of the $7,500 tax credit, $5,625.
Plus the value I got for my 2022 Prius Prime was only going to head down more as I tacked on more miles in the months ahead. All said the 2024 may cost me upwards of 8k to 9K more than what I'm paying tomorrow at delivery.
Heck I was on the bubble about paying what I did, and I think I got a pretty decent at basically 47k for the M3LR, in Gray with taxes included.
Needless to say I am a little jealous of some of the new features, but not enough to wait and risk paying up to 20% more.

On a side note:

The Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime are so underrated. Probably two of the best hybrid vehicles available on today’s market. Heck, the Rav 4 Prime, we were considering buying a couple years ago, but you couldn’t even get one. Not only that, but the mark up is like $7,000 on those, and they still are hard to come across. Toyota just can’t make them fast enough.

thanks guys. i pulled the trigger by selling my Prius Prime to Toyota today, got $30,211 for it. Im happy with that.
Ordered the M3LR this morning. could pick it up as early as Friday.

I've already checked into Xpel paint protection for the hood and bumper.. but the rockers take damage on this too?
Got my tint guy contacted as well, gonna tint it front windsheild 50%, the rest i'm thinking probably 5%, maybe 15%
I went from a 2020 Prius Prime to my M3 and I've never regretted it.