Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P resale prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next dealership is a fair few miles away and it's not a sample of one as ive come across this on youtube without searching and it's the same inefficient service. Not to mention many dealerships belong to the same group/groups.
Friends have a Hyundai EV (Chichester area) and have no issues with their local dealership...including getting an issue sorted under warranty.

I find it hard to believe Hyundai and Kia service centers are universally bad.

I know people who have had very good and equally bad experiences with Tesla service centres....it's just the way of the world unfortunately.

Friends have a Hyundai EV (Chichester area) and have no issues with their local dealership...including getting an issue sorted under warranty.

I find it hard to believe Hyundai and Kia service centers are universally bad.

I know people who have had very good and equally bad experiences with Tesla service centres....it's just the way of the world unfortunately.

It might well be but I would be damned to get another around here and my Experieces are exactly the same as the person in that video. It doesn't matter what the cars go in for, it always takes a full day until they call back to collect.

Also, there is not fixed price servicing such as is with the likes of VW and AUDI... It's just varies depending on what dealership you select on Hyundai's website and this is also not made clear. What they all have in common is trying to upsell stuff as they all like to do inspections around the car other than what it's actually gone in for!

Yep, that's doesn't surprise me at all.

My son's SEAT Ibiza Cupra (ICE) went in to a franchised dealership near us for something fairy minor.

They did a 'complimentary health check' (good of them!) whilst they had the car - sent a video announcing that it needed new disks and pads on the front, and was overdue a cambelt change.

I took it to our local trusted independent to get the disks and pads done....they called to say they were all good for at least another 10k miles!

And the cambelt? The valve timing is chain driven!

The service manager got quite huffy on the phone regarding my scathing Trustpilot review. Claimed they wouldn't have said those things.

I emailed him the Health Check video.

Oddly we didn't hear back from him.

Yep, they can certainly try ones patience....and a lot of (especially younger / less experienced) folk will tell them to carry on.
I know we are wandering off topic here but just as a follow up she's just gone to collect the car and has been told the car has been isolated and deemed unsafe to drive due the the high voltage battery not charging.... still no mention of the handle!!

These Ionics are not like our teslas and my guess is that they did not put it in start mode, draining the the 12v battery down and now unable to activate the high voltage contactor but that is just me having a guess. 🤷‍♂️

I know we are wandering off topic here but just as a follow up she's just gone to collect the car and has been told the car has been isolated and deemed unsafe to drive due the the high voltage battery not charging.... still no mention of the handle!!

These Ionics are not like our teslas and my guess is that they did not put it in start mode, draining the the 12v battery down and now unable to activate the high voltage contactor but that is just me having a guess. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, that is all sorts of rubbish.

Hope it is all sorted out soon with a minimum of fuss and expense.

Reactions: Js1977
Cars last more than 3 years, heck they last beyond 10 years. I see cars that are 20 years old, I’m seeing Porsche 996, BMW M3 E46, E55 AMGs and I’m thinking they would be lovely to own for a few years, maybe as a keeper. And here we all are, stressing because our Tesla is turning 3 years old with zero moving engine parts. Just enjoy the car, maintain it well and life will be good. There will always be a newer model with the latest features but your current car will still get you from A to B just fine. Have I gone off pist here or does this help the OP?

What happened with your door handle? I missed where you mentioned it.

I had a door handle fail, it basically lost its soft close functionality. Took 4 months to get replaced, with the service date getting pushed back over and over. Wasn’t too bothered because it still worked, but not great from a parts availability point of view.