Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason that occurs to me that Tesla might not use them is perhaps it gets 3g coverage cheaply and LTE would cost more. Since they are footing the bill for now....

There are 2 things to consider!

First, the hardware (baseband chip) in the car. Second, the type/speed of connection with the wireless carrier.

Model X should have LTE hardware on board. In 2014, LTE is the standard for nearly every mobile phone sold in the United States.

With respect to the speed of the connection, Tesla could ask AT&T to "throttle" the LTE connection to HSPA (3G) speeds. AT&T has been suspected of clamping down on bandwidth from mobile phone subscribers who use too much data in the past. However, I'm not sure that asking for slower data speeds is the best thing as far as user experience.

It may be a moot point though, as many people will tether their Model S to an LTE capable smartphone.

Model X should have LTE hardware on board. In 2014, LTE is the standard for nearly every mobile phone sold in the United States.
or just activate LTE with the purchase of the tech package and/or a one-time fee (and still have some limit). Take the price of how much you'd be willing to pay for LTE today; calculate how it depreciates over time; and add it up to a max relevant timeline when the next standard comes around and it can't be much over $2k at consumer prices; and less if throttled or through some negotiated deal. I do hope in the MX this is an upgradeable module; I hope that LTE isn't so hot in 2020.

360-degree Around-View parking cameras:

Infiniti EX Birdseye Camera - YouTube

Side View intersection and parking cameras:

BMW 7 Series SideView Camera Review - YouTube
BMW Side View Cameras - YouTube
In addition to these systems, I'd love to see a cutting-edge Curb Proximity warning to supplement the Around-View parking cameras, so anytime a tire is getting to close to a curb, the Model X sounds a targeted alert so that the driver can stop moving and avoid scraping a wheel on the curb.