Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambient Lighting and Home Link on New S and X Models on Order page?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all new to TMC. When I clicked on the order page last night after the X plaid increase it showed these interior details. Does this mean that the new builds starting today will have ambient lighting and Home link pre-installed? I figured all the Tesla experts on here would know about it but no one mentioned it so far. It shows for both models of the S and the X.
See below.

Interior Features​

Audio and Media​

1. Premium 22-speaker audio with Active Road Noise Reduction
  2. Multi-device music and media over Bluetooth®
  3. FM Radio, SiriusXM and Internet Streaming Radio
  4. Tilting 17” center display, 12.3” driver’s display, and 9.4” second row display
  5. Gaming computer with 10 teraflops of processing power
  6. Wireless controller compatibility

Comfort​

1. Heated seats for every passenger, heated steering and heated windshield
  2. Ventilated front seating
  3. Tri-zone Airwave cabin conditioning
  4. HEPA air filtration system
  5. Custom driver profiles with automatic easy-entry and exit
  6. Ambient lighting
  7. Tinted glass roof
  8. Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass

Convenience​

1. Front center console with sliding cup holders and storage
  2. Second row stowable center armrest with integrated storage and wireless charging
  3. Automatic opening and closing rear liftgate
  4. Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  5. 28 ft³ of cargo space and secure front trunk
  6. Wireless and USB-C fast charging for every passenger
  7. Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  8. Phone Key

Reactions: SilverGS
ms.jpeg

I think that's the renders from before the refresh actually launched when Tesla was advertising the RGB LED strips. They might actually include those eventually since Highland is getting a similar feature

At least early cars also physically had the connectors, don't know if that's still the case.

1697899145588.png

Very interested to know where you found that image. I wasn't able to see it when trying to order MS. Thanks
Tesla posted this image on their website right after the refresh release but removed it soon after, just as they did with the front bumper camera on the 3. Insiders have confirmed that the lights are still planned to be released in the coming months. Some say they were removed to release the feature first on the 3. Not sure is that makes sense.