Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No new software updates till wide FSD beta release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the same thing this morning and came to the same conclusion that we probably won't get an update until FSD is released.

This makes sense though. Put all the effort into the FSD package for now, especially if it really is as good at training as Musk & karpathy say, then get that out to everybody asap.

I tend to think normal release schedule will continue and that the FSD Beta is a separate program altogether. I don’t know what the penetration level is for FSD across the fleet, but I’m pretty sure there are a lot of non-FSD vehicles for whom the FSD Beta is irrelevant. I don’t expect to see a wide rollout of the new FSD for many months as the massive amounts of data collected are analyzed and in whatever way responded to. I do expect to get more of the typical software updates.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I tend to think normal release schedule will continue and that the FSD Beta is a separate program altogether. I don’t know what the penetration level is for FSD across the fleet
Looking at all the different tracking spreadsheets by @Troy the FSD take rate seems to be ~35% for Model 3+Y and 40+% for Model S+X

So, it is a not a trivial/fringe segment of the fleet! Plus, I am not counting all the people that jumped onto the FSD band wagon after seeing the FSD Beta videos (and price increase this week).

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Wonder if we will get the new UI on the Model 3/Y (sans FSD graphics of course) before the FSD rollout? Still no release notes on 44.x. Wonder if it was pulled to include the new UI?

timdoes, Wednesday at 12:43 AM
2020.44 just showed up on teslafi.com

I guess that one person isn't too interested in sharing!!! :D
B1A85317-4ABE-4F01-9308-836C0AFCC0D9_1_201_a.jpeg

I’d love to get the new visualizations without city streets NoAP. Elon can just have them call it FSD preview 2.0, lol.
While that would be so COOL I doubt we would get that part of the new UI since that will probably not even be included when FSD is released. It is likely that the visualizations are just a holdover from internal development. Also likely decided that for the VERY LIMITED number of Youtubers to make videos to help show to the general public what FSD is doing and seeing. It wold probably be deemed too confusing, WAY too colorful and too distracting for the general public.