Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got HW 4.0 but NO FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is NO such thing as just FSD.
Sure there is. Always has been. It's the thing called "Full Self-Driving Capability" on the web site. "FSD" is just common parlance. And, in fact, according to the web site "Full Self-Driving Capability" now includes "Autosteer on city streets". So anyone who buys FSD, subscribes to FSD, or gets a free trial of FSD should get that functionality. That said, your statements about not deserving the additional features is probably true for whsbuss given that his car arrived a few days ago. The web site probably didn't say anything about including autosteer when he bought his car.

All the time that you've been banging the drum of "Full Self-Driving Capability", you should have just been emphasizing that there is the publicly available version of FSD and the version that is in development and testing referred to as "FSD Beta" (or "FSDb") because it is "beta test software".

There is NO such thing as just FSD. You got a 3 month free trial of FSD Capability and you have that. FSD Beta is an added feature set. You will get the added FSD Beta feature on your update but that is unrelated to your FSD Capability free trail.
Thank you. But a true free trial should give me all 3 months, not just what’s left when it becomes available.

Thank you. But a true free trial should give me all 3 months, not just what’s left when it becomes available.
You should have access to FSD right now. That's the thing that stops at all traffic lights, but doesn't do turns on residential streets. That was the state of the FSD product when you were offered a three month free trial. So that's what you get. Is that not working for you?

Again you are conflating FSD Capability package with FSD Beta (of course shame on Tesla for obtuse nomenclature but....). The free trial is of the FSD Capability package and you have had that since the day you took delivery.

There is NO such thing as just FSD. You got a 3 month free trial of FSD Capability and you have that. FSD Beta is an added feature set. You will get the added FSD Beta feature on your update but that is unrelated to your FSD Capability free trail.
OK so you get the Technically Correct award but I think he still was justified in feeling he was screwed since the product he had was really just EAP with a fancier label plus the marvelous stopping at every stoplight feature. I’m sure he enjoyed the car trying to stop at every green light, a feature that remains under appreciated. 😂 Hopefully by now he got the real deal a.k.a. FSD Beta.

Reactions: whsbuss
OK so you get the Technically Correct award....
Your passive/aggressive post is a classic case of shooting the messenger. I already said Tesla was obtuse in their naming. I also believe Tesla has done HORRIBLE job communicating what features you get and what is available. AGAIN shame on Tesla, but hanging me by piano wire doesn't change the facts or Tesla policy. I was simply trying to explain WHAT Tesla was offering (shi$$y as it may be) in the free trial. Please direct your aggression where it should be directed, TESLA and NOT me.

Your passive/aggressive post is a classic case of shooting the messenger. I already said Tesla was obtuse in their naming. I also believe Tesla has done HORRIBLE job communicating what features you get and what is available. AGAIN shame on Tesla, but hanging me by piano wire doesn't change the facts or Tesla policy. I was simply trying to explain WHAT Tesla was offering (shi$$y as it may be) in the free trial. Please direct your aggression where it should be directed, TESLA and NOT me.
Sorry. Didn’t intend to either shoot you or hang you by piano wire. Have a great day, my friend!

OK so you get the Technically Correct award but I think he still was justified in feeling he was screwed since the product he had was really just EAP with a fancier label plus the marvelous stopping at every stoplight feature. I’m sure he enjoyed the car trying to stop at every green light, a feature that remains under appreciated. 😂 Hopefully by now he got the real deal a.k.a. FSD Beta.
Nope still waiting for the next supposed update to get the FSD beta

However.... Tesla now included "auto steer on city streets" & "drive itself almost anywhere" as standard feature of FSD capability :) So if you don't get FSD beta, it means you don't get FSD capability per Tesla's definition today.

1694194458599.png

However.... Tesla now included "auto steer on city streets" & "drive itself almost anywhere" as standard feature of FSD capability :) So if you don't get FSD beta, it means you don't get FSD capability per Tesla's definition today.
Yes, but it would apply to cars ordered now but not necessarily to cars already delivered since that is not what you ordered at the time. Here is post I made about it earlier today in another thread.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 5.03.59 PM.png

Hello- Purchased a new Model S at the end of June which came with 3 months FSD trial that expires 16 September 2023. However I did not receive the software for FSD until Sept 1, so basically instead of 3 months, I get 2 weeks. I contacted Tesla service using the mobile app and they were not able to adjust the trial period. Does anyone have the contact that I should reach out to for extending this capability? I haven't read all the posts here, but maybe its been answered? If not, suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Hello- Purchased a new Model S at the end of June which came with 3 months FSD trial that expires 16 September 2023. However I did not receive the software for FSD until Sept 1, so basically instead of 3 months, I get 2 weeks. I contacted Tesla service using the mobile app and they were not able to adjust the trial period. Does anyone have the contact that I should reach out to for extending this capability? I haven't read all the posts here, but maybe its been answered? If not, suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Exactly where I’m at. Still have 2+ months left but still waiting for FSD software update. What’s the latest? Currently on 2023.26.100

I'm in that boat with many of you, but with the added wrinkle and frustration of having to sell my previous car that still has FSDb. Do I go ahead and sell it and tell prospective buyers they get FSDb for as long as it takes Tesla to make the transfer to my new car? Does this in any way affect my ability to get the transfer completed? What if the new owner doesn't use WiFi or lives in an area with poor service or some other unforeseen variable that prevents their car (my old car) from removing FSDb? I'm going on 2 weeks.

I am in the same situation. Reading this and other forums seems to contain a lot of conflicting information on when we can expect a software update to enable FSD. Has anyone who transferred from another car to a MY, presumably all of which have HW4, gotten the software update and have FSD functionality?
Just got 11.4.4 last night. About 3 weeks after getting the car