Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got HW 4.0 but NO FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh...my last software check was at 9:00 PM Eastern last night, apparently right before this started rolling out. So unless anyone knows a way to "force" a software search / update (I don't think there is), I will need to wait 24 hrs from the last check before checking for the update again, correct?
When it's your turn, it will be pushed to you. Checking for update won't make you get it faster.

Reactions: Yelobird and Joey D
I just got my model Y from a model 3 trade in. I had FSD on my model 3. I was super excited for getting a brand new car and keep my FSD. The folks at Tesla did explained that I would miss just summon and smart summon, but it does not seem that this is the case. I don't see an option to enable FSD (says it needs an update) My car is on 2023.20.200. I hope that tweet from Musk saying we would all get it back next week to be true, otherwise it would be very disappointing.
I am in the same situation. Reading this and other forums seems to contain a lot of conflicting information on when we can expect a software update to enable FSD. Has anyone who transferred from another car to a MY, presumably all of which have HW4, gotten the software update and have FSD functionality?

I am in the same situation. Reading this and other forums seems to contain a lot of conflicting information on when we can expect a software update to enable FSD. Has anyone who transferred from another car to a MY, presumably all of which have HW4, gotten the software update and have FSD functionality?
There is NO longer any "conflicting information" since 23.26.11/11.4.4 started rolling out a few hours ago to HW4 cars. It will probably take a few days but it is coming to ALL HW4 cars.

Reactions: Yelobird
Just another data point (well known by now) that 2023.26.11 does in fact support FSD Beta on my Model S HW4. Now I still have 1 month left of the free FSD Trial...so will have some (nerve wracking probably) fun for the next few weeks seeing how well it does in the suburbs of NJ.

Reactions: kriskros91
What is it?
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 6.50.29 PM.png

Just got my MY LR 5 days ago. Running 11.1 (2023.26.100) and it says FSD will be available in upcoming update. My 3 month trial end 12/1 so I get screwed. Thanks Tesla.
You are on factory software (x.x.x00 ending) as ALL new cars are delivered. New cars start getting updates after a week to a month after they are registered. So you are NOT screwed but so far 100% normal compared to every Tesla ever sold.

Also you have 3 months of FSD Capability package. FSD Beta is a single added feature set to the FSD Capability package you have.

Last edited:
You are on factory software (x.x.x00 ending) as ALL new cars are delivered. New cars start getting updates after a week to a month after they are registered. So you are NOT screwed but so far 100% normal compared to every Tesla ever sold.

Also you have 3 months of FSD Capability package. FSD Beta is a single added feature set to the FSD Capability package you have.
Okay thank you for the info on factory installed software. But when I get the FSD do you think the 3 month trial will reset, or will it still expire 3 months after delivery.

Okay thank you for the info on factory installed software. But when I get the FSD do you think the 3 month trial will reset, or will it still expire 3 months after delivery.
There is NO such thing as just FSD. You got a 3 month free trial of FSD Capability and you have that. FSD Beta is an added feature set. You will get the added FSD Beta feature on your update but that is unrelated to your FSD Capability free trail.