Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEXT UP: Supercharger Network in SOUTHEAST

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And still only one red dot in Alabama, in Montgomery, and only in 2015. :-(

I wouldn't put much faith in the 2014,2015 red dots. The coverage in Georgia was pretty terrible until the recent update, and the additions were only to the coming soon map which apparently means within 2-3 months. I think they are only publishing new info when they are close to or have already confirmed locations. That doesn't mean there will be a ton of locations in AL before 2015, but I don't think it means there won't be either ...

I think the Atlantic Station location is a little more than a hope. My understanding was that negotiations were still underway. Atlantic Station is very progressive with EV charging and with the shopping and eating locations there it is probably the best location for a Tesla driver to stop for a charge on the downtown connector. They have 4 J1772s and a Chademo right now in one location and are installing several more J1772s in their parking deck. The site is certainly capable of handling the Tesla chargers and a location had already been picked within the deck very close to their main power supplies.

Georgia Power has completed the site review at AS. Contract execution is a formality it will take a major issue to derail the site. Construction should be starting soon. Once construction starts it should be about 30 days to go live.
This is really exciting for me! Finally, I will no longer be out of range of a supercharger. I hope that when they complete Atlanta they move north to Chattanooga so the Atlanta folks have a plug in for northbound traffic. In the meantime you guys can feel free to contact me. My solar powered 80 Amp HPWC is on Plugshare.

This is really exciting for me! Finally, I will no longer be out of range of a supercharger. I hope that when they complete Atlanta they move north to Chattanooga so the Atlanta folks have a plug in for northbound traffic. In the meantime you guys can feel free to contact me. My solar powered 80 Amp HPWC is on Plugshare.

For all of us in Atlanta it won't help us until we get another supercharger until Macon, Chattanooga, or Greenville built though.

I guess we can limp to Savannah without Macon, but getting back I bet isn't possible without 30-60 minutes at RV park.

No permits yet. The site survey by Georgia Power is done. We should be seeing some construction within the next week or two as the install is expected to be very quick based on the infrastructure available. The bulk of the time will be in getting the equipment delivered from Tesla.

If I get the time i will try to go see if there is any construction for the Supercharger. Also will it have a canopy and how many stalls will it have for the teslas, and will it work for Model X?

I actually checked on Friday but there was no construction. Unfortunately until those permits are completed and approval there won't be much to see. Here is an article about the proposed work - http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tic-station-to-become-southeasts-largest.html

We also have an Atlanta based Facebook group where we discuss a lot of news and updates. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the link.

I think the title of this thread is grossly misleading. Yes...I know they are working on a SC in Atlanta and even one in Macon but I was hoping for a push similar to the one they made for Elon's cross-country trip. I wonder why they have chosen to cut way back on SC installs. At the rate they are going it really will be a while before there is a workable "network" in the southeast.

I think the title of this thread is grossly misleading. Yes...I know they are working on a SC in Atlanta and even one in Macon but I was hoping for a push similar to the one they made for Elon's cross-country trip. I wonder why they have chosen to cut way back on SC installs. At the rate they are going it really will be a while before there is a workable "network" in the southeast.

Unfortunately you'll still be mostly cut off, except for Atlanta, but they'll probably bring 7 locations in the SE within this quarter. I think that's some decent progress, especially compared to where we are today.

superchargerlandingpagemaps_comingsoon_214 (1).jpeg