Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New version of model 3... mid range

What do you think of the new mid range AWD/RWD changes?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, whats the latest on the FSD option being removed from the configurator?

A co worked told me today it was removed because the Canada wont allow Tesla to sell/implement it, but I am not sure about the accuracy of this report....but it isn't available on the US or CAN site, so does that mean people who ordered FSD are getting refunds?

A co worked told me today it was removed because the Canada wont allow Tesla to sell/implement it, but I am not sure about the accuracy of this report....but it isn't available on the US or CAN site, so does that mean people who ordered FSD are getting refunds?
So my question above is discussed in the article below.

You won’t see a fully self-driving Tesla any time soon

My thought is either FSD is too far away as posed in the article, or tesla is going to increase the price after FSD is released. If FSD does what it says it will do, it's actually a good price at 4k before delivery.

Right now though, I'm glad I didn't go for it. Especially in Canada I think it's a couple years away at a minimum.

There is no confirmed reason why they removed it. Anything you read is pure speculation, no matter how certain people sound with their claims.

The only thing said on the matter was when EM tweeted that it was "too confusing" for customers, or something along those lines. What that means, who knows.

All we know right now for sure is that FSD is perpetually being delayed. Tesla still has not completed their cross country FSD drive and have no dates planned for when they will do so. They originally claimed the car would do the drive without being 'gamed' but later admitted that the only way it could be done was to 'game' the route. So between the lack of progress on that side plus the upcoming HW3 and any possible lawsuits that are in progress against them for taking money on a feature they are not delivering on, there are many possibilities as to why they have pulled the feature from the configurator.

More tom foolery....MR RWD price increase 1k usd, LR AWD decreased 1k usd....

Tesla increases price of its new cheapest Model 3 just days after launch, reduces price of dual motor

All of these price adjustments just scream amateur hour over there. I'm sure people will sum it up with "They saw lots of demand so they jacked the price up". These are the things they would have forecasted for internally before going live with the new trim, at least I'd hope so anyway.

Reactions: hingisfan

What that guy told you was pure bs. It makes no sense. However, they did increase the price of FSD recently, and now it’s completely gone. Rumour is this:

A) they had a breakthrough and is close for full launch soon. Once reintroduced the price will be a lot higher

B) they’re much farther from FSD than they predicted and feels shitty accepting payments for something they don’t know when will be finished.

Also understand how people get “confused” (they dumb really). I’ve watched videos on Model 3 reviews and they would go on about how they have their spec “fully loaded” sure enough with FSD on their spec sheet and get confused on the features and such. People are dumb.