Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 LR type of battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I've read a lot of conflicting articles on the forum and watched a lot of YouTube videos how to confirm what type of battery the car has. I was told via message on Tesla app my battery is LFP but I thought only the RWD had the LFP?

Does someone know a clear cut way to know which batteries which car has? I have the 2023 Model 3 Long Range AWD.

I also asked this because I saw this article where it looks to state Tesla (I'd assume if you need a battery replacement) they replace it with the LFP battery components along with rear dampers and springs because the LFP battery is heavier. Who would qualify for this type of service?

I also asked this because I saw this article where it looks to state Tesla (I'd assume if you need a battery replacement) they replace it with the LFP battery components along with rear dampers and springs because the LFP battery is heavier. Who would qualify for this type of service?

Owners of Model 3 Rear wheel drive Standard range or Standard range+ vehicles, from 2018 - 2022 or so, when tesla started using LFP batteries whose battery fails while still under warranty. There is no LFP long range tesla model 3 (it doesnt exist), so whomever told you that you have an LFP battery, is either incorrect, or you are mistaken about what model tesla you have.