Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Sub Install on 2023 Model 3 RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have spent a while reading through threads on the NVX Powered Boost sub upgrade kit on previous gen model 3’s, but since a lot has changed internally over the years I haven’t been able to find a clear answer on how I could install this on my 2023. Those changes would be the introduction of the 16v lithium battery and alleged software issues affecting anything involving aftermarket audio. If someone could please answer these questions head on I would really appreciate it.

1. BMS issues: if I connected the power to the penthouse rather than the battery, would I get around the parasitic draw errors?

2. Is the amp even compatible with 16v? NVX is really unclear about this

3. Can the battery even support the amp (500w RMS), even if the amp can work off of 16v?

4. Where is the proper place to tap into to get the high signal? The right/front door woofer or the right/rear door woofer?

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. If the only solution is adding another battery, it wasn’t meant to be for me.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_3134.jpeg

Did you ever figure this out? From what I've read if you remove the panel under the center console air vent (in back seat) theres a hardness with a brown cable, people have used that. Do your own homework before cutting into it, but thats what I have seen.

Upvote 0