Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR 24' Charge Curve & LFP Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found a charge curve from 5%-80% for the new Long Range Model 3? If not, and you own the new Model 3 could you post a video for us? I've searched YouTube and Google only finding tests from 30%+ and usually standard range.

I don't think there has been a long range 330+ mile Tesla made with LFP's yet so I'd also love to hear from the battery enthusiasts on the differences we should expect in the curve for factors such as extreme outdoor temps. LFP's have a lot of advantages when it comes to longevity, ability to charge to 100% without damaging the batter but I'm not as familiar with what other factors a long range LFP might entail. I'm not purchasing at this point to give the LR some time to ramp up any quality or bugs they find in the first few months in the USA. Also, from a speculation standpoint, do you guys think the 24' performance with have NMC due to energy discharge requirements?

Has anyone found a charge curve from 5%-80% for the new Long Range Model 3? If not, and you own the new Model 3 could you post a video for us? I've searched YouTube and Google only finding tests from 30%+ and usually standard range.

I don't think there has been a long range 330+ mile Tesla made with LFP's yet so I'd also love to hear from the battery enthusiasts on the differences we should expect in the curve for factors such as extreme outdoor temps. LFP's have a lot of advantages when it comes to longevity, ability to charge to 100% without damaging the batter but I'm not as familiar with what other factors a long range LFP might entail. I'm not purchasing at this point to give the LR some time to ramp up any quality or bugs they find in the first few months in the USA. Also, from a speculation standpoint, do you guys think the 24' performance with have NMC due to energy discharge requirements?
It will probably be NMC / NCA due to energy density more than anything else. LFP energy density isn’t up to par yet.