Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or does no one seem to have the Highland battery specs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or does no one seem to have the Highland battery specs? I've searched everywhere and can't find anything, other than maybe some base model LFP specs. Some of us will remember a few years ago we had ALL the data on the 2021 M3 refresh - battery sizes, regional differences, manufacturer, cell type, etc. - basically loads of data.

Does anyone know anything about the Highland Long Range battery? Is it still 82 kWh? Is it Panasonic 2170L cells (or now LG)? Is it NMC instead of NCA?

Just kinda shocked I've been unable to find anything anywhere on this...

@eivissa used to update the thread in this German forum below awhile back:

Hard to read but maybe it does say the Highland LR still has the ~79 kWh LG NMC battery that was in the 2023 M3 LR? And then the new P/Ludicrous model will likely have the Panasonic 82 kWh NCA like my 21 LR?

@AAKEE @AlanSubie4Life @ucmndd

Last edited:
Has anyone found updated cell type/spec charts that are more current?

Also curious, has it been determined/speculated if the Panasonic or the LG equivalent rated capacity cells are considered "better" for specific attributes like charging performance, capacity retention, total pack utilization available , cold weather resilience , or many other performance metrics?

Possible anyone has seen a good executive summery now there has been some time and mileage of what has been determined the Pros/Cons of the different series of manufactured cells might be in this application?

Toutes-les-batteires-Tesla-Model-3-LR-Performance-2019-2020-2021.png

507fdc67afae3b256d59534f7e3f81786bd4b842.png

Has anyone found an updated cell type/spec chart that is more current?

Also curious, has it been determined/speculated if the Panasonic or the LG equivalent rated capacity cells are considered "better" for specific attributes like charging performance, capacity retention, total pack utilization available , cold weather resilience , or many other performance metrics?

Possible anyone has seen a good executive summery now there has been some time and mileage of what has been determined the Pros/Cons of the different series of manufactured cells might be in this application?

View attachment 1021964
Panasonic pack trumps the LG pack in every way. Performance, charging speed, energy density, etc. Also that chart is incorrect for 2023, at least for USA. It is correct for prior years though.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3
We have all the info we need to determine that nothing has changed from the prior models in the US.

RWD: CATL LFP
LR: LG NMC

Both sourced from China. If either car was using Panasonic cells, they would be eligible for the tax credit.

As for the Panasonic being the better battery “in every way,” I suppose that’s true if you ignore some of the ways the LG is clearly better (longevity and degradation for example).

We have all the info we need to determine that nothing has changed from the prior models in the US.

RWD: CATL LFP
LR: LG NMC

Both sourced from China. If either car was using Panasonic cells, they would be eligible for the tax credit.

As for the Panasonic being the better battery “in every way,” I suppose that’s true if you ignore some of the ways the LG is clearly better (longevity and degradation for example).
True, I ignored degradation. Although my Panasonic battery seems to have degraded very minimally over 2.5 years and 50k miles…still charges to over 340 miles at 100%.