Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2024 new range estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article I just read only mentioned the Y LR. So, if all models have had their range spec. altered, and I can't believe they've suddenly changed out all the battery packs overnight, might it be due to the EPA cycle changing in 2024, or a response to pending litigation action?

I just saw that. We just completed a 1900-mile road trip from southern IL to southern MD in our 2022 MYP (so winter temps and heavy rain/fog as we transverse the Appalachian Mountains and here are my stats. That last leg was from the Haubsdadt IN SuperCharger to home.
xzsOTED.jpg

If I had fully charged and driven to ZERO, I could have gone about 250 miles. But in my normal "urban" driving routine my average wh/mil is just at 250 or about 300 miles of range.

I can't wait to learn what caused Tesla to revise their range estimates. Don't get me wrong 285 vs 303 seems more realistic.

Reactions: KevinT3141
The Model Y LR and P received new range estimates which is most likely due to change in thei battery pack. Do we have an EPA testing on the 24 year models that show how much kWh the EPA pulled out of the battery?

I guess they are switching to 4680 to benefit from the tax breaks in the US
Did they switch to MIC Battery Packs?

Well, the new range estimates are more realistic. My MYP probably could do 270 miles in the most ideal conditions with the A/C off, so 285 miles is at least in the ballpark. 303 was always unrealistic. Not a big deal for me. I just wish the EPA test cycle was the same exact thing for every car so we have a good baseline to compare EV ranges.

I don't think this has anything to do with changing battery packs, it's "adjustments to the EPA testing strategy for electric vehicles have added more realistic expectations for driving distance."

Range has changed on the Y, S and X from 7 to 37 miles.

So my car went from 330 miles to 310 range, nothing has changed...

Last edited:
I don't think this has anything to do with changing battery packs, it's "adjustments to the EPA testing strategy for electric vehicles have added more realistic expectations for driving distance."

Range has changed on the Y, S and X from 7 to 37 miles.

So my car went from 330 miles to 310 range, nothing has changed...

So why has the M3 not changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.