Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curt. Thanks for promoting it. Given that, if only one person could get a prize then it should be you. The 100,000th person was random and dumb luck/random should not get a prize OR all who signed it should get one. :biggrin:

Next, these outdated laws need to be challenged, and the NADA put out of business. which of course will happen anyway, as their dealer start going bankrupt because they want to live in the last century, not the current one.

Hmm, not sure that's going to be the case. I think even Tesla may consider a dealer model once it gets enough volume. There are ways to make the dealer model better as well. It doesn't just have to be obliterated. IMO, this fight is about allowing the option for Tesla to execute how they see fit -- NOT about declaring that dealers suck.

Hmm, not sure that's going to be the case. I think even Tesla may consider a dealer model once it gets enough volume. There are ways to make the dealer model better as well. It doesn't just have to be obliterated. IMO, this fight is about allowing the option for Tesla to execute how they see fit -- NOT about declaring that dealers suck.

Elon is a fan of - optionality - which would go along what you just said.

Have the freedom to choose whichever system works best.

Hmmm, it appears he chose the appropriate profession for putting out a lot of words while saying nothing.

I suspect he did not want to embarrass himself by disagreeing with you, but at the same time did not want to put in writing anything that might offend car dealership lobbies that contribute money to his reelection campaigns.

I just realized that his 'reply' is even from a 'do-not-reply' address, so my only method to reply would in fact be to start another fresh email. Way to foster dialogue, Senator Udall!

The petition has well over 103K signatures now. The White house can't do much about state franchise laws, but they can help to get enabling legislation going that will not put new technology at a disadvantage. And would allow Tesla to sell cars apart from dealers, at least while they are in start-up phase. That is not much to ask for in the grand scheme of things.

Also, does anyone have any stories or experiences with having to go across state lines to buy or pick up their Model S or Roadster?

I just realized that his 'reply' is even from a 'do-not-reply' address, so my only method to reply would in fact be to start another fresh email. Way to foster dialogue, Senator Udall!

Well then I have to give credit to my US Senator Dick Durbin for replying to my emails with emails to which I can reply back.

- - - Updated - - -

As a data point, here's a petition I signed in December of 2012:

Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

It was just responded to today:

Heres What We Have to Say About the Westboro Baptist Church | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

I like that they responded, even if to recognize there's not much they can legally do.

Interestingly the Westboro petitions have all disappeared from the list of most popular open positions after having been there earlier today. Apparently a response from the White House knocks a petition off the list of open petitions and places it in the list of responses. The Tesla petition is now in 7th place and I expect 6th by tomorrow. Going over 149,000 would put it in 2nd place.

I am certain they are not going to do much with state law. Even some states rejected obamacare (so called) and stimulus money etc..

Right now, Obama administration has tons of issues to handle (not an excuse but reality is different in DC):wink:

Right now, Obama administration has tons of issues to handle (not an excuse but reality is different in DC):wink:

It was nice when Mr. Obama was our US senator from Illinois. I wrote him numerous times and always got a response. The majority of the time it was obviously written personally and not a form letter. He usually agreed with me and was not afraid to say so even if publication might ruffle other constituents. He never dodged the issue the way Udall did with Zaxxon.

It was nice when Mr. Obama was our US senator from Illinois. I wrote him numerous times and always got a response. The majority of the time it was obviously written personally and not a form letter. He usually agreed with me and was not afraid to say so even if publication might ruffle other constituents. He never dodged the issue the way Udall did with Zaxxon.
Curt....Time to pull out the pen and paper again and see if Pres. Obama will respond.

Flipping between ballgames tonight I saw Laurence O'Donnell (?) on MSNBC doing an editorial on the White House petition and backing Tesla's position. Was particuliarly picking on Texas, but mentioned other states and their issues. Said he retweeted the petition to his "vast" audience after signing it himself. Every little bit helps.