Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Just recently took delivery of a AWD 3. Speed read through this thread this afternoon and was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with registering the vehicle? Will they go off of the actual price listed on the MVPA or Tesla’s MSRP? Personally, I’d have no problem them valuing it at 35k. :)

Hawk

Hi,

Just recently took delivery of a AWD 3. Speed read through this thread this afternoon and was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with registering the vehicle? Will they go off of the actual price listed on the MVPA or Tesla’s MSRP? Personally, I’d have no problem them valuing it at 35k. :)

Hawk
I don't think they ever accepted $35k for AWD. They go off what is in the system for LR AWD. They know by VIN you have AWD but you have to tell them it isn't performance. The online estimator only shows you performance so don't worry about that. If the MSRP in the system is higher than what you paid there is a way to send proof to Lincoln but you'd have to leave and come back. There is a Tesla Owners Omaha Facebook group you should be able to join to ask there as well.

I don't think they ever accepted $35k for AWD. They go off what is in the system for LR AWD. They know by VIN you have AWD but you have to tell them it isn't performance. The online estimator only shows you performance so don't worry about that. If the MSRP in the system is higher than what you paid there is a way to send proof to Lincoln but you'd have to leave and come back. There is a Tesla Owners Omaha Facebook group you should be able to join to ask there as well.
Thanks

Just a heads up to other Lincoln residents, I needed my first tire rotation and alignment and took it to the T.O. Haas near 56th and Old Cheney this weekend. I had called around asking for who had experience with Teslas, they said they'd done work on a number of Teslas and were comfortable with them.

I locked the car into chill mode with a 50MPH limit and left it with them for a couple hours. They hit 50MPH multiple times on 56th where the posted limit is 45MPH, and based on the energy graph they floored it (even with chill mode it was about 1,000 wh/m). I brought it up to them and they said they didn't go over the posted speed limit or floor it. I showed them the data proving they did and their response was "Oh, we couldn't even find the speedometer we didn't know how fast we were going". Not an acceptable response for a shop that has experience with Teslas. They made no effort to make it right either.

They are now very aware Teslas have extensive monitoring software, so I hope they don't do it again to the next person to come in, but I will definitely be avoiding them indefinitely.

Luckily just got the email this morning about the Council Bluffs Service Center opening, perfect timing!

Just a heads up to other Lincoln residents, I needed my first tire rotation and alignment and took it to the T.O. Haas near 56th and Old Cheney this weekend. I had called around asking for who had experience with Teslas, they said they'd done work on a number of Teslas and were comfortable with them.

I locked the car into chill mode with a 50MPH limit and left it with them for a couple hours. They hit 50MPH multiple times on 56th where the posted limit is 45MPH, and based on the energy graph they floored it (even with chill mode it was about 1,000 wh/m). I brought it up to them and they said they didn't go over the posted speed limit or floor it. I showed them the data proving they did and their response was "Oh, we couldn't even find the speedometer we didn't know how fast we were going". Not an acceptable response for a shop that has experience with Teslas. They made no effort to make it right either.

They are now very aware Teslas have extensive monitoring software, so I hope they don't do it again to the next person to come in, but I will definitely be avoiding them indefinitely.

Luckily just got the email this morning about the Council Bluffs Service Center opening, perfect timing!
Wow, thanks for the heads up. How did you monitor it, just watching it with the app?

July Tesla Meet-Up

Mahony State Park was recommended for as a fun spot for everyone to meet and have a picnic. This would be an informal gathering to talk about Tesla, cook some food, have a drink or two. There is plenty of new fun activities for the kids and adults if you have not been there lately.

Location: Mahoney State Park (Ashland exit between Omaha and Lincoln)

Date: Saturday July 20th at 3pm until the fun stops.

Food: Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Buns and condiments will be provided. Please bring a side and drinks for your family.

Park Entry: $6 entry

RSVP: Recommended so we know how much food to get.

Activities and Mahony State Park
Observation Tower – Overlook of the Platter river
Family Aquatic Center – Pool, two waterslides, wave pool
Miniature Golf and Disc Golf
GO Apes ropes course – 2-3 hour journey through the forest canopy. Adults $49, Kids $39
*This event is not affiliated with Tesla, any organization or club.

Eugene T. Mahoney State Park - Nebraska Game and Parks

Reactions: Lpleiss
July Tesla Meet-Up

It will be a little warm but it sounds like we will have 4 or 5 cars. Let me know if you are coming so I make sure we have enough food.

Below is a map to the picnic shelter that we are going to try and get. If it is not available, we will find another around the big loop. I will post on here if it changes or you can look for my car.

I will bring the burgers, hot dogs, buns, plates and condiments. Please bring a side and cooler (Adult Beverages are allowed is State Parks) with your drinks.

Hope to see everyone out there.
Map.png

Reactions: tmueller64
Nebraska Tesla Owners club is now official.

Visit Tesla Owners Nebraska today to learn more about Tesla Owners Club Nebraska and become a member!

Annual Membership is $25/yr and includes the following benefits.

- Meetups with other Tesla owners and enthusiasts
- Group drives
- Members only Facebook Group
- 20% off Tesla apparel once per year

Keep an eye out on our social media pages for upcoming events!

FB_IMG_1567381229768.jpg

Anyone recommend a tint shop that will do the full rear window in 1 piece? ... that does a good job?

Hot Rod PDR did mine - they were one of the first to do the rear in one piece and they did a good job. Mine caused them to raise their price though - it is a tough job, which is why many shops will try to do partial or multiple pieces. Also requires extra wide tint that isn’t normally kept in stock

https://www.hotrodpdr.com/

I was a little skeptical of GP, read some odd reviews online. Got any picks of your read window? Your rear is 1 full sheet?
I also had my tint done (with rear window in one piece) at GP Customs. Came out good. I also had my doubts due to two people I know not being satisfied with them when they had work done many years ago. But what convinced me was the multiple posts of Model 3 getting the tint this way (meaning GP Customs had good experience) and also that the owner has a Model S P100D.

I read of a few people that had Hotrod PDR do their tint, but it seems like they stopped offering the rear window tint on one piece.

Nebraska Tesla Owners club is now official.

Visit Tesla Owners Nebraska today to learn more about Tesla Owners Club Nebraska and become a member!

Annual Membership is $25/yr and includes the following benefits.

- Meetups with other Tesla owners and enthusiasts
- Group drives
- Members only Facebook Group
- 20% off Tesla apparel once per year

Keep an eye out on our social media pages for upcoming events!

View attachment 449264
Is there any other way of paying for the membership other than with paypal? Previous bad experience with paypal!