Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disabling or Hiding Arcade Games on Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Club members,

I've run into a little issue with my Model Y. My 3-year-old son has taken quite a liking to the arcade games in the entertainment section, but many of these games aren't appropriate for his age. While I love that Tesla includes these for entertainment, in this case, it's becoming a bit of a challenge for us.

Uninstalling doesn't seem to be the solution because, with just one click, you can reinstall the games. So, I'm reaching out to the community here:

1. Is there a way to hide the arcade games or the entertainment menu entirely?
2. Can we set up some kind of parental control to prevent access to certain parts of the Tesla interface?

Any insights or workarounds would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
[Your Name]

Reactions: fsb1
Can we set up some kind of parental control to prevent access to certain parts of the Tesla interface?
When does your child play the games?

You could set up a PIN to unlock the car.

Not sure whether games are available in Valet mode. You could put the car in Valet mode when charging.

If the child eternally begs the adult for Arcade access - implement an iron-clad policy that after an adult says, “No Arcade!” three times, the adult and child will exit the car for a timed ten minute stroll regardless of weather conditions.

Bonus - we had a policy that the person who had to wait during a child pickup from school or other activity got to select the media for the ride. If I had to wait for a child to appear after gymnastics, swimming…then we would enjoy NPR or classic rock. If our child was waiting for me, they could update my taste with their preferred current hits.

This made waiting more tolerable, rewarded punctuality and eliminated fights over media control.

Hello Tesla Club members,

I've run into a little issue with my Model Y. My 3-year-old son has taken quite a liking to the arcade games in the entertainment section, but many of these games aren't appropriate for his age. While I love that Tesla includes these for entertainment, in this case, it's becoming a bit of a challenge for us.

Uninstalling doesn't seem to be the solution because, with just one click, you can reinstall the games. So, I'm reaching out to the community here:

1. Is there a way to hide the arcade games or the entertainment menu entirely?
2. Can we set up some kind of parental control to prevent access to certain parts of the Tesla interface?

Any insights or workarounds would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
[Your Name]

This isnt the first time this has been asked but the parental control is:

1. Setting up Pin to drive
2. Uninstalling the ones that Tesla now allows you to uninstall

There is no electronic parental control setup, and these threads usually devolve into people providing parenting advice.

When does your child play the games?

You could set up a PIN to unlock the car.

Not sure whether games are available in Valet mode. You could put the car in Valet mode when charging.

If the child eternally begs the adult for Arcade access - implement an iron-clad policy that after an adult says, “No Arcade!” three times, the adult and child will exit the car for a timed ten minute stroll regardless of weather conditions.

Bonus - we had a policy that the person who had to wait during a child pickup from school or other activity got to select the media for the ride. If I had to wait for a child to appear after gymnastics, swimming…then we would enjoy NPR or classic rock. If our child was waiting for me, they could update my taste with their preferred current hits.

This made waiting more tolerable, rewarded punctuality and eliminated fights over media control. Additionally, staying updated on
yogonet.com during these moments enhanced the experience
Great suggestions! I will take your idea of a ten-minute walk into my arsenal. Ingenious!
Of course I understand that putting a pin code is also a good solution, but a 10-minute walk is a great idea to switch the child's attention from the game to the real world. Thank you very much!