Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a Left Foot Accelerator in My Tesla Model Y - Is It Feasible, Warranty Concerns, and Seeking Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Tesla community!

I'm exploring the possibility of installing a left-foot accelerator in the Tesla Model Y due to a medical condition. However, I have a few questions and concerns I'd like to discuss with you all before proceeding.

1. Feasibility: Has anyone here successfully installed a left foot accelerator in their Tesla Model Y or a similar Tesla model? I'd love to hear about your experiences, challenges, and any advice you may have.
  2. Clean Installation: I want the installation to be as clean and unobtrusive as possible, ensuring it doesn't affect the car's aesthetics. If you've done this or know of professionals who specialize in this type of modification, please share your insights.
  3. Warranty Issues: One concern I have is whether such an installation might void any part of the Tesla warranty. Has anyone encountered warranty issues after installing a left foot accelerator or other accessibility modifications in their Tesla?
  4. Compatibility: Are there any compatibility issues or specific considerations to consider when installing a left-foot accelerator in a Tesla Model Y?
I sincerely appreciate any experiences, recommendations, or guidance you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

“The Sherman Antitrust Act protects you and your customers if you choose to use third-party components with OEM hardware. This federal law says a company cannot “tie-in” exclusively their own upgrades, or invalidate a warranty or other support should an entity buy an upgrade from another company.”

In your case I am pretty sure you are also covered by ADA. I do suggest, however, that you have it professionally installed both to prevent a warranty issue do to “faulty” installation and. more importantly, for your own safety.

Curious to know where the brake pedal would be if you performed this modification. Or are you suggesting putting the accelerator pedal to the left of the brake? I’m sure you have no intention of replacing the brake with an accelerator since regen is good, but can’t replace a true brake pedal - especially when cold or you have a fully charged battery.

I've done some research, I'm looking for something that matches what was demonstrated in this video.
I would recommend reaching out to the company that put together the video of that install, and see if they have any recommended upfitters in your area that could do the same for you.

Looks like the product is FeatherLite, made by Suregrip.

There's a dealer locator on Suregrip's site:

Reactions: android04