Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More factory pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't look like Tesla wallpaper:

Untitled.jpg

Wow, so much to take in with the release of the new batch of photos. Here is one I thought interesting and posed this question to myself: Is the plywood on the Model S floor being used to protect from any damage as the Model S goes through it's assembly or is the plywood actually part of the construction details of the Model S? Either way, quite fascinating to see the Tesla Team put the Model S together.

View attachment 6833

Wow, so much to take in with the release of the new batch of photos. Here is one I thought interesting and posed this question to myself: Is the plywood on the Model S floor being used to protect from any damage as the Model S goes through it's assembly or is the plywood actually part of the construction details of the Model S? Either way, quite fascinating to see the Tesla Team put the Model S together.

My guess would be that, based on those black loops attached to the back of the plywood, the pieces are intended to be removed. Because of all the highly specialized formed aluminum sheet on that car, it seems unlikely they would use plywood anywhere in the car. I wonder if the plywood is there because the skateboard is an integral part of the floor of the car and it hasn't been installed yet?

Just posted this over on teslamotors' forum...

There's a readable sheet of paper visible in this photo from the gallery published today:

All sizes | Inside Tesla 6.19.2012 - Assembly Center | Flickr - Photo Sharing!...

I've cropped it out and played with the contrast/colors a bit:

Michael Weiss-Malik - Google+ - Found in a photo in a Tesla blog post today (really only…
sheet.png

Near as I can make out, these are all the readable lines...

Production Options Manifest
TRYOUT NEW [illegible -- SPORT INTER? INVERTER? SPECS METER?]

SERIES: Model S 2012
REGION: Region North America
DRIVE: Drive Left Hand
INTERIOR: [illegible... any guesses?]
DECOR: Piano Black
PAINT: Green
SPORT: Performance Package NO
BATTER: Battery 85 kWh
TRIM: Trim General Production
ROOF: Roof Body Color GREEN