Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y suspension on UK LR AWD models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, I did a test drive recently on a RWD with 19s - they are much better in ride compared to my M3 on 18s and sound proofing. Not sure whether they have done anything to the test vehicle in terms of sound proofing - it was bit of Rangerovery (the evoques and Velar sound proofing) kind.
I'd surprised if the demo cars have anything special done to them since they get cycled through and re-sold fairly quickly.

Seems that a lot MY owners are replacing their dampers with the Tein Endurapro kit. Seems quite cheap at around £500 before fitting for the adjustable Pro version and £450 for the non adjustable version. I am tempted but might wait until my warranty runs out.
Lots of reviews on US roads but I am yet to see a review on uk roads!

Seems that a lot MY owners are replacing their dampers with the Tein Endurapro kit. Seems quite cheap at around £500 before fitting for the adjustable Pro version and £450 for the non adjustable version. I am tempted but might wait until my warranty runs out.
Lots of reviews on US roads but I am yet to see a review on uk roads!
I fitted them to mine. What would you like to know?
Without adding any insurance premium increase I guess?
£0 impact on mine as the ride height is unchanged.

How much better are they than the standard suspension on uk roads? Did you stick with the standard springs? How much was fitting? Thanks!
Scrap that, just found your comprehensive thread and review in the MY area. Looks like a worthy upgrade to me!

Scrap that, just found your comprehensive thread and review in the MY area. Looks like a worthy upgrade to me!

I would think that this would be a modification you need to tell your insurer about & that it voids Tesla warranty?

Would be good to know how the Tein damper upgrade compares with the 2023 comfort suspension. Anyone aware of any comparisons? It’s still not too late to cancel my order and get a low mileage 22 model for probably a £15k discount!

Would be good to know how the Tein damper upgrade compares with the 2023 comfort suspension. Anyone aware of any comparisons? It’s still not too late to cancel my order and get a low mileage 22 model for probably a £15k discount!
Obviously subjective, but from what I have read quite a few owners of 2023 cars with comfort are changing to Tein as it’s better. The main advantage is that you can adjust the Tein to your preference so you are more likely to be able to fine tune it.
You should get a 22 MY as you can get ultra sonic sensors and with HW3 256gb and 16 ram vs 128gb and 8gb.

Obviously subjective, but from what I have read quite a few owners of 2023 cars with comfort are changing to Tein as it’s better. The main advantage is that you can adjust the Tein to your preference so you are more likely to be able to fine tune it.
You should get a 22 MY as you can get ultra sonic sensors and with HW3 256gb and 16 ram vs 128gb and 8gb.
Interesting - thanks. I was forgetting about the US sensor issue.

I guess you mean that your 2023 Y is improved with the Teins?

But it seems the new comfort suspension was only introduced in the factory into UK builds from March, so its probably only cars delivers from May onwards that have it.
Yes, massively.

I checked with Tesla and they said that mine (delivered March 23) had the updated suspension.

Reactions: pdk42
What do you think would be a reasonable number of hours for a workshop to do the swap? I may do it myself, but if the cost isn’t crazy I might just see if I can find a local fitter.
I'd say an hour per wheel, plus a bit of contingency. It's not a particularly difficult job and there's good access to all the nuts & bolts especially if it's up on ramps.

Reactions: pdk42