Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature begins delivery in early 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would rather Tesla and Elon continue to grow in a profitable way even if it means some of the timelines get pushed back occasionally. Rushing timelines of Model X, superchargers, GenIII, etc would just expose Tesla to unnecessary risks in an already risky venture. We need to trust Elon to grow in a sustainable way and that he'll get to his end goal through sound decision making and good execution.

I would rather Tesla and Elon continue to grow in a profitable way even if it means some of the timelines get pushed back occasionally. Rushing timelines of Model X, superchargers, GenIII, etc would just expose Tesla to unnecessary risks in an already risky venture. We need to trust Elon to grow in a sustainable way and that he'll get to his end goal through sound decision making and good execution.

I agree with you 100% even though it means waiting for my Model X longer.

Just saw this over on the TM forums:

Untitled.jpg

Res# 6057 in Jan 2015.....If correct that makes the start of deliveries much earlier than I was anticipating. :)

Guess Ill go over to the TM forum & ask Stonecoldautobot who it was, exactly, told him(her,them)? Time to get hopes back up!?
Model X for my birthday?! (it's in Dec.) Gonna be watching the SuperCharger buildout like a hawk. Go Go Tesla! :smile: ML

I've been waiting to jump in the Gold Star samba line for the X reservation, but the family has a 10 month sabbatical in NY city next year and while I will take my young children there, I couldn't bear the harsh depredations of NY city driving and parking on an S or X...

If there is any credibility in Jan 2015 for approximately the 8,000th X, then that would mean working backwards roughly a July 2014 start date and Bonnie has hers for the country's birthday instead of for her own birthday. With the similarities in platforms, manufacturing, NUMMI and an existing prototype, I've wondered about a 24 month gap between S & X...maybe it's $....but what if - and this is pure, unadulterated dreaming - the convertible bond holders convert to stock, freeing up about $500 million from debt on the balance sheet, and Elon announces an early launch for Model X??? Would be quite something to see those 4th of July fireworks from Bonnie's 2014 Model X. Let the Samba line begin (early I hope).

It would be interesting to find out who told #8000 the info...it goes against Tesla's recent history of under promise and over deliver.

It would be interesting to find out who told #8000 the info...it goes against Tesla's recent history of under promise and over deliver.

I think you mean overpromise and underdeliver, at least as far as the deliveries go. My Sig S was supposed to be delivered in "September" according to my pre-MVPA. September became "September/October" became "October" became "late October" became "October/November" became "mid-November" became November 26, the actual delivery date. In the end, though, it was all worth it. The car itself is definitely underpromise and overdeliver, especially with the service.

I'm hopeful for a late 2014 delivery myself. No line of sight yet, so I won't be relying on those hopes.

I have to allow time for the stock to rise to $250 level to be able to afford the X (meaning...paid for :biggrin:). When it reaches $280 I could upgrade to Signature, but I don't expect that to happen while Signature is still available. So, mid-2015 is about the ideal target for my 6117 production model delivery.

Latest timing, from Tesla's recent 10-Q:

We currently plan to start production of the initial units of Model X in late 2014 and subsequently ramp up to full production by the second quarter of 2015.

In the case of Model S a June 2012 launch meant 10 Founders cars on 6/22 with the first SSL cars ~7 weeks later and ~6 months ramp up. Theoretically Model X roll-out could be faster due to using the S platform and experience, but late 2014 might well mean Founders or special cars in the last week of December and everyone else in 2015. All assuming that nothing changes in the next 12 months......