Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From reddit:

8xdJp5m.jpg

Hmmm, that dark gray looks pretty great in the fading Silicon Valley sun. Odd that it's not sporting one of the two new wheel choices. Maybe these are the real base model wheels, or maybe they're holding out for some dark gray 22's to match? ;-)

Trim and door handles look to be properly aligned but still some falcon door sticking up over the rear glass.

Thanks for sharing! Getting very excited to see all about the stuff we don't know yet!

Great to see the car live in different colors. Choosing color for the Model X is harder than choosing for the Model S back in 2013.

But the edge between the falcon doors and the rear hatch... what`s going on there? I think all mule photos I`ve seen have this strange misalignment between doors and roof. Hope this isn`t a feature that makes its way into production? The rest of the car looks finished (i.e. chrome detalis on the sides, doorhandles match etc.)

goneskiian - everything lines up perfectly (!?) around the falcon door so THIS IS IT......That step in the roof is for some reason - aero; mechanism; weather-proofing??

Unless we believe that this still has non-final production roof panels!

It could be final overall design, but they could still be having problems with fitment. Even the Model S had issues.

If that is a feature, it is the most stupid feature ever.
+1
Both roof and sides must be aligned. Anything else will make the car look unfinished/damaged. I for one would not accept this.
If the doors are impossible to align even when fresh out of the factory one can only imagine how they will look after a couple of years wear and tear.
But for now I`ll settle with this being beta cars and not the finished product.

Last edited:
Most likely a production-candidate issue that will be resolved starting with the Founders edition. Notice that the misalignment starts at the roof hinge and flows out then down the side of the door. Evidenced by the visible shadow along the roof and on the edge of the trim pieces at the top and bottom of the window.