Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah just got mine. ......... Wish I could go. :-( I will continue to look from the outside until us Europeans are invited to configure. :).
Those of you who can go, have a great time and take lots of photos and video to keep us others well informed and salivating.

Wow, I think I need a break from browsing the forums. I'm seeing things...

model3.png

Haha, I needed to read that twice too.

This is so Tesla. Several Sig reservation holders asked if there was an event on the 29th and were told "no, nothing", only to then receive the invite 8 days before it happens.
The incompetence. It hurts.

"incompetence"? The person who told Several Sig reservation holders may have just responded with something like "not that I know of" and then the Sig reservation holders may have carried the message forward to others as "there is no event planned" then other people may have carried that forward as "No Model X event", etc...this is how the famous game of "Telephone" works.

As a "Communications" major, it is highly under-rated how much people take it for granted not realizing how messed up the message can get through interpretation, relaying that interpretration, and translating someone's interpretation that was relayed, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

But I have to say I'm ticked off that us east coast owners (yet again!) get so little notice. It's a minimum two day trip in the middle of the week, with 8 days notice. Even if I could juggle my agenda for next week, I checked and I'm looking at $800-1,000 by the time I've got flights, hotel, parking, taxis or car rental, and incidental expenses.

So many of us have asked so many times for a bit more advance notice on stuff like this but oh well....:frown:

"incompetence"? The person who told Several Sig reservation holders may have just responded with something like "not that I know of" and then the Sig reservation holders may have carried the message forward to others as "there is no event planned" then other people may have carried that forward as "No Model X event", etc...this is how the famous game of "Telephone" works.

As a "Communications" major, it is highly under-rated how much people take it for granted not realizing how messed up the message can get through interpretation, relaying that interpretration, and translating someone's interpretation that was relayed, etc.

The only 'incompetence' i observe is when OCD forum members on here start drawing conclusions that shouldn't be drawn because of a lack of official communication from Tesla. Tesla has every right to NOT make any official communications on a new upcoming new product until they officially want to.

No, multiple people who post on this forum asked directly during their conversations with Tesla either during their configuration or calling to ask when they would be invited. This isn't an instance of the phone game, this is an instance of Tesla not caring how to standardize communication to minimize customer confusion. They just don't care or they are incompetent at it. Not sure which is worse.

I'm not a sig (production), but when I asked about it, they only told me "there is no event on the calendar yet for that date" so it's likely it was not official that they would be inviting anyone other than founders and select journalists until this week. I doubt I'll get an invitation (too low in the queue, not a current customer), but if I do, I will figure out a way to make it happen.

-CB

Nice.

But I have to say I'm ticked off that us east coast owners (yet again!) get so little notice. It's a minimum two day trip in the middle of the week, with 8 days notice. Even if I could juggle my agenda for next week, I checked and I'm looking at $800-1,000 by the time I've got flights, hotel, parking, taxis or car rental, and incidental expenses.

So many of us have asked so many times for a bit more advance notice on stuff like this but oh well....:frown:

I completely agree. What's the harm in alerting us more than 8 days before the event! Suspense is one thing but this event was known about since early September. At no time did Tesla say to Sig holders to expect invites and plan accordingly. It's silly the lack of coordination shown here.

I completely agree. What's the harm in alerting us more than 8 days before the event! Suspense is one thing but this event was known about since early September. At no time did Tesla say to Sig holders to expect invites and plan accordingly. It's silly the lack of coordination shown here.

Would it have possible for anyone to have made refundable travel plans / reservations for an event "... known about since early September ..." and cancelled the reservations if the event you've "... known about since early September ..." did not occur?

No invite here (yet, anyway), and I'd fly out from DC for it (I did for the D event). Our X reservation is 2318, so reasonably low. If anyone who received an invite has room to take me as their guest, I'd appreciate it.