Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

odometer and trips on dashboard??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my new Model X, however, one thing I miss so much based on my experience with old Model X, is that, I can't see the odometer and trips very easily on dashboard, without clicking multiple steps on the main screening.

Any way we can have it on new Model X?

Reactions: scsmx
Just got my new Model X, however, one thing I miss so much based on my experience with old Model X, is that, I can't see the odometer and trips very easily on dashboard, without clicking multiple steps on the main screening.

Any way we can have it on new Model X?

Not at present, and that's really annoying to me. The instrument cluster on the Palladium Model S/X is less functional than it was on the earlier Model S/X.

(I like to have either the trip meters or the tire pressures up on the instrument cluster, and now you can't have either one.)

Bruce.

I just took delivery of a new 2023 Tesla S. One of the early features I looked for was how to enable the various displays that you can select for the left and right sides of the instrument display. Like the ones on my previous 2015 TS. I couldn't find it and poured over the manual looking for it.

Then I came here looking for the 'secret' menu selection to enable it. I am shocked that that feature is no where to be found!! And even the odometer and a simple trip odometer isn't and can't be placed on the instrument cluster. I have NEVER had a car where the odometer at least wasn't prominently displayed.

Please tell me I'm wrong and just missed the obvious. I used to use the Odometer, Current Drive and Since Last Charge constantly. I considered taking it back when I discovered it. (Well, not really. *grin*)

What are the chances of convincing Tesla to restore that feature? None I pretty sure.

I am amazed that I'm talking about a car's instrument display like it's a computer App I don't like. Oh I am.....

I just took delivery of a new 2023 Tesla S. One of the early features I looked for was how to enable the various displays that you can select for the left and right sides of the instrument display. Like the ones on my previous 2015 TS. I couldn't find it and poured over the manual looking for it.

Then I came here looking for the 'secret' menu selection to enable it. I am shocked that that feature is no where to be found!! And even the odometer and a simple trip odometer isn't and can't be placed on the instrument cluster. I have NEVER had a car where the odometer at least wasn't prominently displayed.

Please tell me I'm wrong and just missed the obvious. I used to use the Odometer, Current Drive and Since Last Charge constantly. I considered taking it back when I discovered it. (Well, not really. *grin*)

What are the chances of convincing Tesla to restore that feature? None I pretty sure.

I am amazed that I'm talking about a car's instrument display like it's a computer App I don't like. Oh I am.....
I don't think you are missing anything. Many legacy features were dropped from the refresh. Personally, I couldn't care less about the odometer, but I really do miss the energy display <sigh>

I don't think you are missing anything. Many legacy features were dropped from the refresh. Personally, I couldn't care less about the odometer, but I really do miss the energy display <sigh>
Yea, I hear ya. And they've got this huge blank area on the left that seem empty most of the time, Just give me ONE area to customize with the previous options and I would be very happy.

Reactions: MitchMitch