Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The good ol’ days and the good new days….

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Made in CA

Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2015
Camarillo, CA.
I wish for the good ol’ days when you could configure the left and right sides of the Model S instrument panel with whatever info you wanted. Back on our 2015’s you could do that. Now if you’re not routing somewhere the left side is not used at all. I’d love to be able to put my Trips and odometer info over there when it is otherwise black. Please tell me I am missing some option somewhere to do this.

While I am dreaming I would also like to have the small cards on the lower left bottom of the main screen like there is in our Model Y. It lets you swipe between the mini-media player, a mini-trip info screen (including the odometer!), and the tire pressure info.

Turn off the expanded view in Autopilot, and my 2020 model allows the "old" view with selectable stuff on both sides, and FSD still works. You still retain a smaller view with almost all image info you could need.

Turn off the expanded view in Autopilot
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I do not have the option to turn off the “Full Self Driving Visualization preview”. I think it is forced on all the time in my car.

In fact, I think Tesla now forces it on if you have the FSD computer. That option used to be available on our 2022 MYP but is no longer selectable on that car either. Too bad - I would much rather use that screen real estate for something that is useful to me.