Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X 100D-FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Currently looking at a 2017 Model X 100D that already has FSD purchased

I’m considering it since the roll out of the new V12 FSD. My question is, will this vehicle have all the same functions and roll outs even though it’s a 2017? It looks like it has sentry mode so I am assuming it has the cameras…

Let me know ! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7510.png
    IMG_7510.png
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 14
@Averdi, that 2017 model X ‘s VIN is within 1000 of mine. I have had it since it was new and it has been a good car.

Your question about FSD…. I have FSD beta on my 2017 model X. It has performed essentially the same as FSD on my model 3. It has gotten all the same FSD updates until V12 2 weeks ago. I do not know why it has not yet gotten V12, but neither has my refreshed model S.

Because that VIN is so similar to mine I can tell you that it was an AP2.5 car, always had all the right cameras. It also says it has the FSD computer. Someone above said that your attachment shows MCU1… I don’t see that information in the attached picture. MCU1 cars do not yet have FSD Beta. It takes an upgrade to MCU2 if that has not already been done. Cost of about $2500. If the car has MCU2 it will show the Intel Atom infotainment processor.
IMG_7982.jpeg

Is there ever supposed to be a roll out without that MCU update?
I don’t think Tesla has ever admitted that MCU2 is needed. But the evidence is that MCU1 cars don’t have FSD beta.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
@Averdi, that 2017 model X ‘s VIN is within 1000 of mine. I have had it since it was new and it has been a good car.

Your question about FSD…. I have FSD beta on my 2017 model X. It has performed essentially the same as FSD on my model 3. It has gotten all the same FSD updates until V12 2 weeks ago. I do not know why it has not yet gotten V12, but neither has my refreshed model S.

Because that VIN is so similar to mine I can tell you that it was an AP2.5 car, always had all the right cameras. It also says it has the FSD computer. Someone above said that your attachment shows MCU1… I don’t see that information in the attached picture. MCU1 cars do not yet have FSD Beta. It takes an upgrade to MCU2 if that has not already been done. Cost of about $2500. If the car has MCU2 it will show the Intel Atom infotainment processor.
View attachment 1036303

I don’t think Tesla has ever admitted that MCU2 is needed. But the evidence is that MCU1 cars don’t have FSD beta.
This is great feedback thank you. I currently have a 2015 model s 85D with 102k miles on it. I love the car but I just found this X online for 33k with the full self driving. I see that now as the X costing roughly 21k since it has FSD and I could eventually transfer it

Reactions: Bigriver
Charged here today. Worked great!
I think I hit 140s kW. Charged extra because airbnb didn't have charging.

33 Minutes
Start - 39 %

End - 82 %
Used - 44.3 kWh

Added - 40.97 kWh
Efficiency

92.5 %
Avg Voltage - 395.27V

Max Voltage - 402V
Avg Amps - 191.82A

Max Amps - 394.81A