Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X goes Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a Netherlands and Belgium forum member this will be the MX which will be seen at the Geneva Motor Show

IMG_1211.JPG

I have a reservation for the X in Holland since 2015 and havent gotten any info until now, but the service center confirmed the Geneva showing, but they mentioned a "pearl white" version and not the above mentioned blue one...but yeah it's just a comment from a service center employee...

Yeah, I thought they may have modified the opening or simmilar. At some point, I think Tesla will have no option but to transition to CCS in Europe.
Why? They have already modify the connector in Europe to work with Typ2 connector and they have a separate adaptor to Chademo charger. They two together with Tesla supercharger will get good connection over Europe. EU have already chosen to make it a role that every public charging station most have both CCS and Chademo and I don't believe any other manufacturer have plans to add support for both.

Why? They have already modify the connector in Europe to work with Typ2 connector and they have a separate adaptor to Chademo charger. They two together with Tesla supercharger will get good connection over Europe. EU have already chosen to make it a role that every public charging station most have both CCS and Chademo and I don't believe any other manufacturer have plans to add support for both.

Because the EU has mandated CCS type 2 as the standard, so if you want to charge somewhere other than a Supercharger (FAST DC), then you would need yet another adaptor, it's just easier to add the CCS pins to the car. CHADdeMO will die a slow death in Europe. Musk has already been quoted as saying they are adding CCS, it remains to be seen if he ment the charger or the car.

i here a lot about the so called "Frankenplug", but I firmly believe it has much much more potential for higher rates of charge should it be required in the future.

In the US, I see it differently, because the Tesla connector doesn't need to support three phase, it's proprietary design is the most elegant solution.