Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S75 RWD anything but discontinued . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if you cruise at 45 mi/h at temperature of 110 in a totally flat land unless they have put a 100 KWh battery pack in your 75 model by mistake otherwise I cannot see any logical explanation for achieving such high range.

He only needs 63 kWh usable at 219 wh/mile (aka 4.76 miles per kWh). Totally possible to use 63 kWh on a 75 pack.

* 75/75D - 75 kWh total capacity, 72.6 kWh usable

And he doesn't need 110F, or 45 mph, or perfectly flat land to hit that. He just has to keep his tire pressure up and drive at a nearly steady speed on a long trip. It'd help if he had 19" wheels and the Michelin Tires.

• Original 60 - ~61 kWh total capacity, ~58.5 kWh usable.
  • 85/P85/85D/P85D - ~81.5 kWh total capacity, ~77.5 kWh usable
  • 90D/P90D - ~85.8 kWh total capacity, 81.8 kWh usable
  • Original 70 - ~71.2 kWh total capacity, 68.8 kWh usable
  • 75/75D - 75 kWh total capacity, 72.6 kWh usable
  • Software limited 60/60D - 62.4 kWh usable
  • Software limited 70/70D - 65.9 kWh usable
For clarification, the larger packs use a 4 kWh bottom lockout and the smaller packs use a 2.4 kWh bottom lockout. This capacity (included in the "total capacity" numbers above) is NOT usable for driving or other purposes.
  • All RWD Cars (non-Performance and Performance): 295 Wh/Rated Mile
  • All Pre-refresh Model S Dual Motor, non-Performance: 290 Wh/Rated Mile
  • Refresh Model S Dual Motor, non-Performance under 100 kWh: 285 Wh/Rated Mile
  • Model X Dual Motor, non-Performance under 100 kWh: 320 Wh/Rated Mile
  • Model S Dual Motor, Performance under 100 kWh: 310 Wh/Rated Mile
  • Model X Dual Motor, Performance under 100 kWh: 333 Wh/Rated Mile
  • Model X Dual Motor, Performance 100 kWh: 342 Wh/Rated Mile

you can beat the rated mile on any Tesla, but if it is Dual motor the speed vs rated mile graph doesn't have a single peak, it's more of a double hump camel than a single hump.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: croman
He only needs 63 kWh usable at 219 wh/mile (aka 4.76 miles per kWh). Totally possible to use 63 kWh on a 75 pack.

* 75/75D - 75 kWh total capacity, 72.6 kWh usable

And he doesn't need 110F, or 45 mph, or perfectly flat land to hit that. He just has to keep his tire pressure up and drive at a nearly steady speed on a long trip. It'd help if he had 19" wheels and the Michelin Tires.

you can beat the rated mile on any Tesla, but if it is Dual motor the speed vs rated mile graph doesn't have a single peak, it's more of a double hump camel than a single hump.

And where did you get 219wh/miles from? Our friend's own posted picture is showing 274 wh/miles (274 x 300 = 82 KWh).

If the discussion is about the best possible range record and not a day to day normal use of the car then I have a better idea. Why don't we take the car on top of an accessible mountain and let it cruise down? In this case not only we achieve hundred of miles, the car also still will have the full charge at the bottom!

I think the whole discussion is to see how a the battery is performing and I think all those people who drive a Tesla agree with me that in the REAL world no Tesla can achieve even a claimed range by Tesla.

And where did you get 219wh/miles from? Our friend's own posted picture is showing 274 wh/miles (274 x 300 = 82 KWh).

75D range.jpg

219 Wh in his last 30 miles and 245 Wh in his last 250 miles.

So even at 245 Wh/mile (4.08 miles per kWh) you'd need 73.5 kWh vs 72.6 usable, he'd have to slow down just a hair to make the full 300 miles at that consumption but he sure doesn't have to let it roll down the side of a mountain. He already said he was doing highway speeds on that trip.

I'd also argue that he means ~300 miles, and is really seeing more like 29x miles on that charge and simply rounding up to 300 for simplicity sake.

Most people don't charge to 100% daily so if you want to take daily range for people that don't charge to 100% his ~300 miles won't happen.

But for him apparently it's a somewhat normal day to charge to 100% and drive several hours. I'm glad my day isn't like that.

Last edited:
75D range.jpg

219 Wh in his last 30 miles and 245 Wh in his last 250 miles.

So even at 245 Wh/mile (4.08 miles per kWh) you'd need 73.5 kWh vs 72.6 usable, he'd have to slow down just a hair to make the full 300 miles at that consumption but he sure doesn't have to let it roll down the side of a mountain. He already said he was doing highway speeds on that trip.

I'd also argue that he means ~300 miles, and is really seeing more like 29x miles on that charge and simply rounding up to 300 for simplicity sake.

Most people don't charge to 100% daily so if you want to take daily range for people that don't charge to 100% his ~300 miles won't happen.

But for him apparently it's a somewhat normal day to charge to 100% and drive several hours. I'm glad my day isn't like that.
Exactly. For the second leg of that trip, I was averaging ~62 MPH. I would have had a faster average (and probably lower consumption) if I had not run into 10 minutes worth of stop and go traffic on the expressway. I take frequent (usually for pleasure :eek:) multi hundred mile trips and I am very comfortable with the range of my car at highway speeds. Even today with below freezing temperatures, once everything was warmed up, I was getting ~265 wh/mi at highway speeds.

We ordered end of September - delivery set for 10 days [or so - you know how it goes]

We ordered a 75D after the salesman said thats all there is - the 75RWD was discontinued - but it now includes AWD and the Smart Air suspension.

So based on that - we ordered. Pretty simple car: 75D, blue, cream, AP2.5 and thats it. VIN assigned 1 day after confirmation - 227XX.

But if you look at the Tesla inventory - you have a TON of RWD S75 vehicles with PUP [which has the SAS and other options [like XM radio] my wife would have wanted but did not want to $5k for - all for the same price or LESS than what we are paying.

It kind of pisses me off - there are and we many cars that were 75's but not 75D's -

If you look carefully - the VIN's for the RWD 75's go as hight as 232698 . . . thousands of cars above our assigned VIN.

If you look at the 75D's available - all of them are VINs under 210xxx . . . .

Gotta wonder what it going on - and we could have gotten more car for less money.
I guess you can go up to the mountains and drive in the snow!!:D