Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on order - VIN assisgned est delivery 9/26 - 9/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, still waiting for a delivery date all the white accruing more mileage on my current car, lowering its value. From 9/17-9/30, it's now 9/19-9/30. I'm pretty adamant about the 19s instead of the 21s (due to all the headaches they seem to cause) and a white interior. Maybe that's the hold up.

Well, still waiting for a delivery date all the white accruing more mileage on my current car, lowering its value. From 9/17-9/30, it's now 9/19-9/30. I'm pretty adamant about the 19s instead of the 21s (due to all the headaches they seem to cause) and a white interior. Maybe that's the hold up.
I do like the 19s - they are great on range - but I am hoping that my build (hopefully Sept 2023) will have ironed out the camber issue, if that was indeed the problem with the rear tires wearing out prematurely. Also I am wondering if it will come with PS4s. Would love to have a center horn, which i know is coming but I haven't seen anything yet.

Also just made my PPF appt the same day of delivery so hopefully will keep the black paint protected.

I do like the 19s - they are great on range - but I am hoping that my build (hopefully Sept 2023) will have ironed out the camber issue, if that was indeed the problem with the rear tires wearing out prematurely. Also I am wondering if it will come with PS4s. Would love to have a center horn, which i know is coming but I haven't seen anything yet.

Also just made my PPF appt the same day of delivery so hopefully will keep the black paint protected.
The problem is that it's been an issue for years. I'm not sure how much they care about it. The 19s are not pretty, but I'll take the 50 mile range increase - until I can find a better set of 19s.

Reactions: weleckid
So far, my 19s are wearing even, and almost worn out at 25K. For normal driving I use Standard Height. Isn't uneven tire wear in rear generally on S with 21", or with low riders? Perhaps I just got lucky. I have no idea if the current alignment is in spec, just that it is correct.

So far, my 19s are wearing even, and almost worn out at 25K. For normal driving I use Standard Height. Isn't uneven tire wear in rear generally on S with 21", or with low riders? Perhaps I just got lucky. I have no idea if the current alignment is in spec, just that it is correct.
Yes I think that the rear 21s on the S are causing the issues. That was one of the compelling arguments to get the 19s, also range and ride comfort. But had to go with the 21s.

Reactions: DerbyDave
The circumference of the 285/40R19s is 87.89 inches (2232mm).
The circumference of the 295/30R21s is 87.87 inches (2231mm).

So it makes ZERO sense that the 21s have a different camber than the 19s. Also, I can't believe 5mm's (1/5 of an inch) of extra width on the inside of the tire would cause an issue either.

The 285/40R19s come OEM with Pirelli PZero tires that are rated as 280 AA A.
The 295/30R21s come OEM with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that are rated as 300 AA A.

So the Pirelli's are actually softer.

Maybe people with 21's care more about looks and therefore run the car in low suspension mode?

I only have 1,000 miles on my car with 21s, so I don't know yet, but I do run on the normal setting and not "low", so we'll see. The track package comes with 20's, do we know how they wear (once the super soft tires that come on it get replaced)?

@Speedr117, if you put 17" on the car, the circumference would also be about the same. It is the sidewall that changes to get the diameter closest to the spec. You are correct, many like looks and run in low mode. Please do not read into my post that I did not like the looks factor of large wheels. I am just observing the wear issues I see here are on the larger wheel and tire sizes. Maybe it is because the tires may have softer rubber or wider contact patch? I do not know.

Reactions: Speedr117
I was hoping the issue was PLAID related - as with that rocket ship you would be ripping off the tread when accelerating. I do like the look when in the low mode, but I will drive at the normal setting on hoping that will minimize any premature wear. I am hoping to get 24k out of these tires but who knows. I think there is PS5 (or something like) coming out by Michelin to hopefully help with handle the load but not to sure about the release date. If I do get premature wear, I may look at another tire. I think during the winter the 21s come with all seasons - does anyone know what tire that is as it may wear a bit better.

I was hoping the issue was PLAID related - as with that rocket ship you would be ripping off the tread when accelerating. I do like the look when in the low mode, but I will drive at the normal setting on hoping that will minimize any premature wear. I am hoping to get 24k out of these tires but who knows. I think there is PS5 (or something like) coming out by Michelin to hopefully help with handle the load but not to sure about the release date. If I do get premature wear, I may look at another tire. I think during the winter the 21s come with all seasons - does anyone know what tire that is as it may wear a bit better.
It love to get the optional Mercedes Active Suspension with Bounce Mode to free from Sand, etc.

Reactions: weleckid
the longer you wait the higher risk you run of the price tag going back up. 89 for a 23' or you wanna pay 109 for a 24'
It's a very real risk. People keep waiting for the prices to crash but simply forget how they sky rocketed in 2022. Before 2023, the best time to buy a Tesla was around 2019. If the UAW starts hurting the big 3, Tesla can easily just raise prices as they would be the most logical choice as the others run out of inventory.

It's a very real risk. People keep waiting for the prices to crash but simply forget how they sky rocketed in 2022. Before 2023, the best time to buy a Tesla was around 2019. If the UAW starts hurting the big 3, Tesla can easily just raise prices as they would be the most logical choice as the others run out of inventory.
I think they will raise prices of the 24s just to move ANY 23s left over.......and keep 24s at 109 or whatever they were before the price decrease.

The strike is gonna kill the other guys for sure, no one is catching up to Tesla anytime soon.

I wanna see that price increase... instant extra equity