Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club šŸ˜‰

IMG_6132.jpeg

Reactions: Sam1
Oh, and on a sidenote, a rim and tire that comes with the track package is 7 pounds heavier than my 21 inch Forge line rim with the Michelin pilot sport tire. My Forgeline rims are insanely lightweight compared to other rims on the market so thatā€™s probably the difference.
The design of the track pack / zero G wheels are just heavy. I made a set of them a couple of years ago in a 19" and they were barely lighter than the 20" uberturbines, which are extremely hefty themselves.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Looks awesome. Multi coat red really is better than the new color imo.

Dallas or Plano SC?
I guess thereā€™s not much to say as most of itā€™s all been said before, but as a newbie to this forum, I would like to chime in. Never in my life have I ever become excited over a set of brakes, but I found out after having the track package installed on my 2023 plaid, that lack of emotion was out of ignorance on my part as to how much more exciting a car can be with a set of brakes like this. My car is lowered with N2itive lowering links and adjustable camber arms to eliminate inner tire wear. my local Tesla service center here in Dallas didnā€™t blink about installing the track package even though I had aftermarket suspension parts on my car. I was very hesitant to spend 22K on something that I didnā€™t even know if I needed or would use but now that I have it, I canā€™t begin to imagine having a model S plaid without the track package! the stopping power of the brakes is mind-boggling and instill a tremendous amount of confidence in me when driving my car. Having a three time world, champion race car driver do laps on an F1 track before and after my track package was installed was nothing short of a miracle in his terms. He went from telling me my model S plaid would never be a good track car and then after he drove it with the package, he was completely shocked and one of his many quotes were ā€œthis is really something, it boggles my mindā€ and he did better lap times in my car after only three laps than he previously had done in his own personal 2021 F8 Ferrari. Iā€™ve never been a track guy before and Iā€™ve never even been on a track in any car but now Iā€™m hooked and Iā€™m taking lessons from the driver I mentioned and my car is a completely different than it was before. All I can say is that if any of you are considering buying the track package, it has increased the fun level for me 10x. Prior to getting the track package I ran 21 inch Forge line rims, which I love with the Michelin pilot sport tires. I donā€™t care for the look of the wheels the track package comes with so Iā€™m going to order another set of Forgeline rims but instead of 21 inch obviously Iā€™ll order the 20 inch and retrofit the Goodyear track pack tires on those rims and switch out rims and tires depending on if Iā€™m on the track or driving for a few weeks on the street because I donā€™t want to wear out my track tires on the street because I tend to put a lot of miles on my plaid because Iā€™m hooked and I canā€™t stay out of my car. Anyway, thatā€™s my two cents !
Two pictures are attached. One with my Forgeline gold rims, and the other after the track pack was installed with the track package rims and tires. Oh, and on a sidenote, a rim and tire that comes with the track package is 7 pounds heavier than my 21 inch Forge line rim with the Michelin pilot sport tire. My Forgeline rims are insanely lightweight compared to other rims on the market so thatā€™s probably the difference.
Dallas or Plano SC?

I guess thereā€™s not much to say as most of itā€™s all been said before, but as a newbie to this forum, I would like to chime in. Never in my life have I ever become excited over a set of brakes, but I found out after having the track package installed on my 2023 plaid, that lack of emotion was out of ignorance on my part as to how much more exciting a car can be with a set of brakes like this. My car is lowered with N2itive lowering links and adjustable camber arms to eliminate inner tire wear. my local Tesla service center here in Dallas didnā€™t blink about installing the track package even though I had aftermarket suspension parts on my car. I was very hesitant to spend 22K on something that I didnā€™t even know if I needed or would use but now that I have it, I canā€™t begin to imagine having a model S plaid without the track package! the stopping power of the brakes is mind-boggling and instill a tremendous amount of confidence in me when driving my car. Having a three time world, champion race car driver do laps on an F1 track before and after my track package was installed was nothing short of a miracle in his terms. He went from telling me my model S plaid would never be a good track car and then after he drove it with the package, he was completely shocked and one of his many quotes were ā€œthis is really something, it boggles my mindā€ and he did better lap times in my car after only three laps than he previously had done in his own personal 2021 F8 Ferrari. Iā€™ve never been a track guy before and Iā€™ve never even been on a track in any car but now Iā€™m hooked and Iā€™m taking lessons from the driver I mentioned and my car is a completely different than it was before. All I can say is that if any of you are considering buying the track package, it has increased the fun level for me 10x. Prior to getting the track package I ran 21 inch Forge line rims, which I love with the Michelin pilot sport tires. I donā€™t care for the look of the wheels the track package comes with so Iā€™m going to order another set of Forgeline rims but instead of 21 inch obviously Iā€™ll order the 20 inch and retrofit the Goodyear track pack tires on those rims and switch out rims and tires depending on if Iā€™m on the track or driving for a few weeks on the street because I donā€™t want to wear out my track tires on the street because I tend to put a lot of miles on my plaid because Iā€™m hooked and I canā€™t stay out of my car. Anyway, thatā€™s my two cents !
Two pictures are attached. One with my Forgeline gold rims, and the other after the track pack was installed with the track package rims and tires. Oh, and on a sidenote, a rim and tire that comes with the track package is 7 pounds heavier than my 21 inch Forge line rim with the Michelin pilot sport tire. My Forgeline rims are insanely lightweight compared to other rims on the market so thatā€™s probably the difference.
Oh come and just say who the 3-time World Champion driver was. Or at least let us know from which racing series. Surely it wasn't Verstappen. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Sam1
Forgeline is as legit as it gets, USA made.

Forgeline here too. Nice!

IMG_1001.png

Nobody does. They'll show up when they show up, or Tesla could abandon the whole thing.
Anyone know more about the upcoming replacement seats (price, release date, etc)? Stock seat side bosters are so flat even compared to pre-refresh.
Iā€™ve tried to come up with all the information possible on the new racing seats that Tesla offers with the plaid and hereā€™s what I have found:
My local Tesla service center in Dallas, Texas, where the regional parts manager works, says that they are not available for purchase to retrofit in our cars and that all plaids manufactured after April 1 of this year will have the racing seats. They have the same adjustability and ventilation as the stock seats, all of us currently have. The custom shop that I highly believe in that I use in Dallas says theyā€™ve gone into there aftermarket dealer parts list and they canā€™t find anywhere to order them which backs up what the regional parts guy told me at the service center. So apparently if you donā€™t buy a new plaid with the racing seats already installed weā€™re out of luck. I want those racing seats so badly Iā€™ve even thought of buying a new plaid and swapping out the seats with my current plaid and then taking the depreciation and selling the new plaid that I bought for the racing seats. The reason I would sell the new plaid and not my current 2023 plaid is because it has the track package and a $12,000 wrap job and suspension parts so I wouldnā€™t wanna have the expense of putting all that stuff back on a new Plaid. After I came up with the idea of buying a new plaid just for the seats and then swapping them out and then selling the new plaid , I woke up and realized I was going overboard! The regional parts manager for Tesla in Dallas also told me that when the yolk first came out it was not available for purchase either to retrofit to older model cars but eventually it was so he said maybe someday we can purchase the seats. But man Iā€™m jealous!
My good friend that owns the custom shop that I use in Dallas says that they get quite a few plaids in on a monthly basis and the next one that comes in with a cream interior like mine heā€™s going to let the owner know that I would be willing to swap seats and pay a handsome up charge if the new owner has no interest in the sport racing seats. So thatā€™s Plan B for me. I wonā€™t give up until I find a pair of those seats, especially since Iā€™m now tracking my car and theyā€™re greatly needed.

Reactions: bhzmark
So Iā€™ve been told that the track pack comes with new knuckles for the front and rear 2021/22 cars. Is that true? Both front and rear?

Also is there any change in the rubber bushings on the knuckle for the rear? Did they become spherical bearings yet?

Oh come and just say who the 3-time World Champion driver was. Or at least let us know from which racing series. Surely it wasn't Verstappen. :D
Definitely wasn't him. He would've said something like "yeah, brakes are decent for a heavy car but it still handles like my wife moves after a night of heavy drinking". Or something like that.

So Iā€™ve been told that the track pack comes with new knuckles for the front and rear 2021/22 cars. Is that true? Both front and rear?

Also is there any change in the rubber bushings on the knuckle for the rear? Did they become spherical bearings yet?
Just the 22 cars prior to the refresh 2.0.
Mine is a 22 with the new headlights and moving screen and it didn't require new Knuckles.