Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra Red Model S Plaid with Track Package.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

This is not a particularly useful thread, but I cannot help posting images of my 2023 Ultra Red Model S Plaid with the track package installed. I picked it up last Friday from the dealership after they installed the track package. I realize it looks like every other Red Model S Plaid with the track package, but as they said in the movie “Full Metal Jacket”, “There are many others like it, but this one is mine”.
IMG_0201.png
IMG_0200.png
IMG_0202.png
IMG_0203.png
IMG_0204.png
IMG_0205.png
IMG_0206.png
IMG_0207.png

All,

This is not a particularly useful thread, but I cannot help posting images of my 2023 Ultra Red Model S Plaid with the track package installed. I picked it up last Friday from the dealership after they installed the track package. I realize it looks like every other Red Model S Plaid with the track package, but as they said in the movie “Full Metal Jacket”, “There are many others like it, but this one is mine”.View attachment 1015703View attachment 1015704View attachment 1015705View attachment 1015706View attachment 1015707View attachment 1015708View attachment 1015709View attachment 1015710
EPIC can’t beat that, a perfect 10 👍🏻

All,

This is not a particularly useful thread, but I cannot help posting images of my 2023 Ultra Red Model S Plaid with the track package installed. I picked it up last Friday from the dealership after they installed the track package. I realize it looks like every other Red Model S Plaid with the track package, but as they said in the movie “Full Metal Jacket”, “There are many others like it, but this one is mine”.View attachment 1015703View attachment 1015704View attachment 1015705View attachment 1015706View attachment 1015707View attachment 1015708View attachment 1015709View attachment 1015710
Beautiful car. I am considering the Tack Pack for my 23 MSP. I have a few questions?

How is the feel. Is it relatively the same?
Does it require more Brake pressure?
Did the SC have experience installing the package before yours.?
How long did it take for the install?

Overall, are you pleased?

@GonePlaid. Here are my responses to your questions:

The brakes feel different to me. Pedal height is roughly the same as the factory brakes, and the cold stopping distance seems to require more pressure to stop in the same distance as the factory brakes. When the brakes are hot… they are absolutely stunning.

When cold, yes. When hot, no.

Yes, my SC had installed other track packages before mine.

The install took them five days, and although you did not ask, everything other than the burnishing was perfect. I had to re-burnish the brakes when I picked it up. I have attached images of the burnishing done by the SC for all four rotors:

IMG_0224.png
IMG_0223.png
IMG_0222.png
IMG_0221.png

• Love
Reactions: cptnslo
@GonePlaid. Here are my responses to your questions:

The brakes feel different to me. Pedal height is roughly the same as the factory brakes, and the cold stopping distance seems to require more pressure to stop in the same distance as the factory brakes. When the brakes are hot… they are absolutely stunning.

When cold, yes. When hot, no.

Yes, my SC had installed other track packages before mine.

The install took them five days, and although you did not ask, everything other than the burnishing was perfect. I had to re-burnish the brakes when I picked it up. I have attached images of the burnishing done by the SC for all four rotors:

View attachment 1016359View attachment 1016360View attachment 1016363View attachment 1016362
Did you swap out the stock track pack tires right away for Michelin PS4s?