Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think everything else is ok, But Would love to get the horn in the center.

You need horn maybe 1% of the time even if that but when you need it, The thing is it better work....

Also Scenario for center horn is what If I am making a turn and I need to get other driver's attention, Because of turning Horn Button location could be somewhere else depending on turn.

Now if it is in the center pad / airbag than you can always find it in one location :) So I hope they offer retrofits for this.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think everything else is ok, But Would love to get the horn in the center.

You need horn maybe 1% of the time even if that but when you need it, The thing is it better work....

Also Scenario for center horn is what If I am making a turn and I need to get other driver's attention, Because of turning Horn Button location could be somewhere else depending on turn.

Now if it is in the center pad / airbag than you can always find it in one location :) So I hope they offer retrofits for this.
Coming soon with software update for car built after Nov 2021

Concur 100% on the horn issue; current location should have had the guilty Human Factors engineer that designed this fiasco taken out behind the barn for dismissal--I hope it wasn't Elon!

That said, as soon as anyone has any details on this upgrade, do please advise. It looks as though post-November production may be upgradable via OTA update, BUT I've pushed on the airbag (December production MS) and don't feel any movement whatsoever so I'll assume it's just a load sensor?

Perhaps GreenTheOnly will take apart two steering wheels and share the details . . . .