Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there might be some backlash on this post but even though I have a VIN and a good chance to get the car next week, I have almost talked myself into a Plaid…

Seeing the video from Brooks and comparing it to $3.1M dollar vehicles just make it a fantastic value. Will I go to the drag strip, maybe once just to say I did now on the cusp of delivery I’m very torn.

With the new “19 wheels plus the upcoming FSD subscription I’m mentally very close to justifying the upgrade. Now that the mileage has been updated for the Plaid I feel like the LR range isn’t that impressive since Plaid is only like 9 less miles. Especially since the LR went down from like 412 originally.

Anyone else thinking about upgrading? I don’t usually get fear of missing out but I feel like I’m going to get asked 1000 times “oh is that the Plaid?” Great problems to have of course…😁

So I have a question: why did Tesla use alcantara seemingly everywhere it's not vegan leather, EXCEPT in the door inserts?? Looks like cheap cloth fabric that doesn't belong there..

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.50.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.54.35 AM.png

I thought about downgrading. Now I don’t care at all anymore as this experience is wearing out my want for this vehicle. The power is great but let’s face it, we’re still in the US with most road speed limits 35-55mph range.

The LR is supposed to be a range increase over base Model S and not the Plaid, hence the close range on both.

My MYLR order just went blank, following the path of my MS order. What a joke.

I know there might be some backlash on this post but even though I have a VIN and a good chance to get the car next week, I have almost talked myself into a Plaid…

Seeing the video from Brooks and comparing it to $3.1M dollar vehicles just make it a fantastic value. Will I go to the drag strip, maybe once just to say I did now on the cusp of delivery I’m very torn.

With the new “19 wheels plus the upcoming FSD subscription I’m mentally very close to justifying the upgrade. Now that the mileage has been updated for the Plaid I feel like the LR range isn’t that impressive since Plaid is only like 9 less miles. Especially since the LR went down from like 412 originally.

Anyone else thinking about upgrading? I don’t usually get fear of missing out but I feel like I’m going to get asked 1000 times “oh is that the Plaid?” Great problems to have of course…😁
If the extra $45000 and added timeline doesn’t matter to you, then why not? #yolo

The next time someone spots a refresh S with 19" wheels in the DC's parking lot, please pop off the wheel cover and take a pic of the underlying alloy wheel. A useful way to distract bystanders is to shout "Hey, Look! A Squirrel!" and point at a distant object...
I expect them to look like outright garbage. Maybe similar to this.

Attachments

• 7F83811D-414C-4F32-B86E-75CBEE9C8A4B.jpeg
    7F83811D-414C-4F32-B86E-75CBEE9C8A4B.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 67
The car isn’t in a lower position either so the wheel gap looks large. The actual diameter with tire is the same as the 21” arachnids.
Either way I’d rather use the $4500 to get some nice forged 20” wheels than spending it on heavy 21” arachnids.
I agree that the Plaid 2021 cast arachnids are a waste of money... the original 2012-2020 forged ones are superior in weight and strength. ;)
For $1,500 more, you can order the forged from Tesla with Tires and TPMS... 2012-2020 | Model S 21” Black Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

1627140853760.png
1627140499275.jpeg

Attachments

• 1627140392320.jpeg
    1627140392320.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Ordered my LR with 21" white on March 10. Delivery had been August for about 10 days - today it is blank. Read several sources saying Model S deliveries are on hold because they need further inspection, whatever that means.
I think most of us in CA with March/April orders are going to get dumped into the EOQ rush while people who ordered months after us on the east coast will be getting their cars this month and next.