Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car 4 days ago! Model S 75 (still says 70 though)! Here is a quick shot I took the other night. I plan on doing a sunset shoot this weekend so ill post more.

Attachments

• TK1_3079.jpg
    TK1_3079.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 81
Ugh, I really lost on the DS lottery. My car has been in production for almost a week and my DS has made zero effort to connect with me to schedule delivery. Every step of this process I've had to proactively reach out to her repeatedly to get the ball going and get updates.

Is there any communication channel post-sale to review your DS? BMW had/has a great process for doing this.

• Disagree
Reactions: AUSinator
Ugh, I really lost on the DS lottery. My car has been in production for almost a week and my DS has made zero effort to connect with me to schedule delivery. Every step of this process I've had to proactively reach out to her repeatedly to get the ball going and get updates.

Is there any communication channel post-sale to review your DS? BMW had/has a great process for doing this.

My DS (Nicholas Wcislo) is on holiday until today which I know from his automated email response.

After stalking this thread for awhile I would say that no one really knows how it works including the DS
I agree, but I will say that my DS has been extremely knowledgeable and had great insight into the timing of my car. From when I first got my vin he told me from his screen the day they expected my car to reach the end of the production line. I was then told last week that my car was delayed due to factory retooling etc but even with all that my car entered production about 2 days before his initial expected end of line date and should reach the end of the production line sometime this week unless theres some issue.

I want to say this again if your unhappy with your DS call the service center where your car is being delivered you can ask for a different DS, most of the time when I call the office a different DS answers the phone so just ask them about you car status. If you like what your hear and they seem more knowledgeable ask them to become your DS!! PROBLEM SOLVED!

I have had the same if not worse experience. I always have to initiate contact with my DS and if I do he usually responds in 1-2 days. Also my car has been in production since 5/20. I ask him what the hold up is and he cant give me an answer. So not sure how any of this works. To be honest paying almost 100K for a car you would expects a better process. Just my two cents!

After stalking this thread for awhile I would say that no one really knows how it works including the DS
So true.

At this point, there's some people with 1000 higher VINs that have already gotten their cars. And some poor folks with 3000 lower VIN numbers who ordered more expensive cars than me, but still are in the queue along with my car.

And every time I come up with an explanation based off colors, options, destination, someone shows up says their car is in production and proves me wrong :D

Meanwhile, my DS just says "any day now smiley face" and it's been a week since that update. Smiley face. Smiley face indeed.

Reactions: newtman
So true.

At this point, there's some people with 1000 higher VINs that have already gotten their cars. And some poor folks with 3000 lower VIN numbers who ordered more expensive cars than me, but still are in the queue along with my car.

And every time I come up with an explanation based off colors, options, destination, someone shows up says their car is in production and proves me wrong :D

Meanwhile, my DS just says "any day now smiley face" and it's been a week since that update. Smiley face. Smiley face indeed.
Its ridiculous! I emailed my DS and told him to be straight with me. I told him that I rather him be honest and tell me the car will be 1 or 2 month late than for him to keep giving me false hope a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: newtman
It seems for us folks in Houston that production started after it appeared we had a whole truck load--I think I'm just about the earliest in the batch with some being ordered about a month later.
Yeah, I think you are the earliest in this "batch". I'm somewhere in the middle, still waiting for a production notice, but i really enjoy following everyone's progress. I'm work in the car business and I deal everyday with people who are exited and/or anxious about getting their new vehicles. Though this wait is sometimes excruciating, I'm enjoying being on this side of the coin. It's the journey, right?

Reactions: ishop4more
Would that really do anything? I'm anxious, of course, but not too freaked out. I'm try to get too crazy over things I don't have control over.
That's very Zen and probably the best approach. I've tried to keep my DS as an ally throughout this process because they're really the only source of information we have. If I bothered him as many times as I hit the refresh button, I'm sure he would've stopped returning my emails. Hope your patience is rewarded soon