Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be a dick here or anything - but I believe even with the 1ft rollout, the Plaid hasn't been measured to hit 1.99 without the dragstrip glue. So I completely agree - if the 1ft rollout is and has been the standard and the plaid hit it in 1.99s no issues there...but I believe motortrend hit it at 2.07s no?

Maybe... But in the grand scheme of things, still the fastest production car ever.

Now, if the Taycant was doing 2.05 on the street, I'd cry foul. But it isn't, and I'm not sure who else is even close...

Ok - you are not going to believe this. VIN disappeared and now "Estimated Delivery: August". A big WTF? This may be it for me and Tesla.

1624149683156.png

Last edited:
Maybe... But in the grand scheme of things, still the fastest production car ever.

Now, if the Taycant was doing 2.05 on the street, I'd cry foul. But it isn't, and I'm not sure who else is even close...
That was the final point of the engineering video. Why lie or fudge the facts when it's already super cool.

So, just complete my first big charge -- the highlights: 24% - 90%, 33 min, 110F ambient, 63 kWh added. Here is the first cut at the data--video coming soon.

View attachment 675382
What about using your Tesla wall charger (and is yours the newest one that does 48amps) at home? I know it's faster than my previous EV (I think max was only 7kw) using the older ChargePoint level 2 home charger with a max of 32amp but just curious on the charging times for that. Thank you!

I agree - but I think his entire point is that it's deceptive marketing and it sort of is, until someone can do it without the glue imo.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not to be a dick here or anything - but I believe even with the 1ft rollout, the Plaid hasn't been measured to hit 1.99 without the dragstrip glue. So I completely agree - if the 1ft rollout is and has been the standard and the plaid hit it in 1.99s no issues there...but I believe motortrend hit it at 2.07s on their usual surface no? its still the fastest car theyve ever tested, but i agree with EE that perhaps claiming 1.99s unnecessarily and needing a bunch of special treatment to get there is a bit misleading at best and not necessary.
We are talking about 8 hundredths of a second. This is an amount of time that is so inconsequential that it gives new meaning to splitting hairs. There are so many variables involved with a test run like this that a slight change in ambient temperature, humidity, surface etc can easily alter this number. When you are not even talking about tenths of a second, I consider the numbers to be equivalent. I have actually never discussed performance with any car enthusiast in terms of hundredths of seconds because, frankly, it seems absolutely absurd. This is currently the fastest accelerating production car in the world period! I have no doubt we will see sub 2.0 second 0-60 with 1ft of rollout. This is only the first official independent test and they got within 8/100ths of a second on an unprepared surface. Given the lengths that Tesla went to to assure a prepped surface, I think that is a pretty surprising result and shows us how close they actually are to the numbers in real world driving.

Last edited:
His latest video says "Tesla Failed". I would hardly call anything about the plaid a failure especially since there is not another production car that can do a 0-60 like the plaid. It just seems like he has a bone to pick....
This is what I was referring to in my earlier post. It’s sort of ‘clickbait.’ I generally like his videos but cmon now: Tesla Failed... lmao.. it’s just a ridiculous title but people are going to want to see what he’s talking about.

Ok - you are not going to believe this. VIN disappeared and now "Estimated Delivery: August". A big WTF? This may be it for and Tesla.

View attachment 675383
So, now we’re seeing VINs and delivery appointments just get randomly cancelled? Clown fiesta is an understatement 🤡