Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 60 kWh car at the factory Saturday. Everything was in order except that the mobile charger is missing some chrome trim. My DS said that its a supplier problem and that some of the cars are going out missing this piece. Everything else was in order except perhaps I will ask them to reapply the paint armor because it's has bubbles in places and didn't look properly attached along the front edge of the frunk.

8399329334_d719191f21_z.jpg

Usual condensation under the back signal lights. This has been discussed elsewhere. Again, not sure if I need this replaced or not. Some people do, some don't.

8399671896_f1c07420c3_z.jpg

I did not have either of the high performance home charger, child seats, or parcel shelf so I can't comment on if they are shipping or not as of now.

The car came with 4.1 firmware and I tested that the 60 kWh pack works at the Gilroy supercharger.

One more thing. This car is amazing. I have already taken it for a road trip from the Bay Area down to Carmel. Twice I got the thumbs up and "nice car brother" from total strangers. Performance is great. I couple times I had gawkers following behind the car. It's fun to punch it and watch their startled faces get smaller and smaller in the rear view camera ;-)

@ Hans:

Glad your car came before mine with your earlier reservation #. You deserved it!

Thanks for the updates, photos, and driving experience reports. Happy to hear that my "budget" battery won't be depriving me of that much joy... or the infamous Tesla grin (which I have yet to experience-Suppose driving my own car off the factory lot will be my first grin experience).

Also still love hearing all these reports.

Cheers

It was a bumpy ride but it finally arrived.
Reservation P3566 VIN 2222
Silver w/Black Leather Interior;
85 kWh Battery;
21" Wheels;
All Glass Panoramic Roof;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Parcel Shelf (Backordered)
My Model S now has a "silver brother" in Hawaii. You made the right choice in my mind - Silver with the silver 21" is COOOOL. Congrats! When you're driving around, keep in mind there's another one just like it tooling around the western Florida coast turning heads. :cool:

My due bill has the same item as Hans's - the missing chrome strip with the Tesla logo on top of the UMC.

My DS also added on a "buff out minor scratches here and there" after one of my more-fastidious friends spotted a couple of small scratches on one of the rear doors; I didn't even bother about them; they just add character to the car :)

Some random observations:

- They seem to have fixed the recurring problem with the front passenger door not closing properly sometimes; have had no issues with that.

- The full headliner for those getting solid/black roofs is very nice. Has a smooth texture to it with significant padding underneath; so nice that my son insists on running his (at times, grimy) hands all over it from his booster-assisted perch in the back!

- Speaking of boosters, if you have a big, wide 5-point harness one such as the Britax Frontier 85 that we have, it's going to be a tight squeeze for adults seated in the back next to the booster. Buckling their seat belts in is going to be even tougher.

Picked my 60kWh car today at the factory. Only due item is the parcel shelf. Notice a small ding and few minor scratches that the DS ended up adding to our Due Bill to be fixed later.

All I can say is wow! Performance is better than I was expecting. Left the factory with 190 rated miles.
photo (4).JPG

Picked my 60kWh car today at the factory. Only due item is the parcel shelf. Notice a small ding and few minor scratches that the DS ended up adding to our Due Bill to be fixed later.

All I can say is wow! Performance is better than I was expecting. Left the factory with 190 rated miles.
View attachment 14995

Very nice! Since i'm the very next VIN behind yours, i'm assuming mine is ready to leave the factory too. Hopefully the cross country trip won't take too long.

View attachment 14995

Congrats...I'll look for the blue MS. I live in Santa Clara and looking forward to mine in Feb 2 - Feb 16, factory pick up.

ok, got the car 1pm today.... it's pretty incredible... they owe me grey 21 wheels, rear wing, and the plate on the charger.... funny thing was that we ran out of gas on the way to the dealer in my friends Nissan GT-R!! my other friend had to rescue us with this E63 AMG BiTurbo, more on that later and the Tesla.... :)

I'm only charging 16 miles per hour and it's drawing 40amps from my 240v setup, I though it should charge at 30+ miles per hour??

I'm at 4.0, hoping for 4.2 soon...

Attachments

• tesla-e63.jpg
    tesla-e63.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_7050 copy.JPG
    IMG_7050 copy.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 1,305