Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell me if the red from last years model is the same as the red on this years model?
That is a hallmark of the Multicoat Red

Speaking of recently departed, I miss my P85 terribly now that we have warm weather.
IMG_0645.jpeg

Reactions: petergy
Maybe not quite up there with you in the Retirement State and knowing you like those 70 retro look interiors 👨‍🦳 . Tinted windows is truly a game changer with a black on black car. Even with the white it was too much reflection with the Georgia sun. I might even find it bearable (maybe LOL) if I had tinted windows with the retro white interior.
I'm 52 actually, so another 10-11 years and I'll sell my company and retire. Agree with you on the tinted windows...it's a must here in South FL but even then, the black on black still gets wicked hot...all year round in South FL and maybe just in the Summer for you in G'ville, GA.

Yeah, so where are all of our "free Model Y loaners" from E Musk? :rolleyes:

That car with AWD was a great performer back in the day. There was a time when 0-60 in 5 seconds was super fast. 0-60 in 4 seconds was unheard of in the early-mid 90s.
All wheel steering too. It drives like it's on rails. It wasn't the top for speed even back then, but man was it fun to drive.

I didn't buy it for the speed. I fell in love with the look and all the cool gadgets. I rode sport bikes for 15 years for speed. They were getting MS Plaid acceleration back in the 90's.

Reactions: JimLL and Drew-MS
I'm 52 actually, so another 10-11 years and I'll sell my company and retire. Agree with you on the tinted windows...it's a must here in South FL but even then, the black on black still gets wicked hot...all year round in South FL and maybe just in the Summer for you in G'ville, GA.
I just left south FL (flying back now) and was surprised how many Tesla’s are on the roads now in South FL compared to a year or two ago.

This morning I emailed my SA to ask him why I don’t have any delivery date estimate. And haven’t for 2 months and still don’t. He immediately responded;
“ I do see a tentative date for your Model S to be ready by end of May as it is marked as the 30th, but that date is tentative and may shift. The Model S production lines are abysmal and not yet calibrated to provide a more accurate date“. So, for all those that have no delivery date estimate perhaps there is a software anomaly or some hope that we are still going to see our cars before September. Of course we know what our SA’s know, which is probably not much more than we know of this forum. But, I’ll take any little crum that’s thrown my way.

RN 1140 Plaid
Order Date 10/2020
Confirmed Refresh w/in 48 Hours
East Coast
VIN-None
Original Estimated Delivery Date 2/15 to 3/15
Estimated Delivery Area On website
Blank until 5/8 now “Estimated Delivery “-“. 5/8/21 back to blank. 5/8/21 changed to Delivery Date 6/1 to 6/30

(LIKE WIFE SAID. Doesn’t show what year)

Order Agreement-No 2K credit for pre refresh
Model S Support Videos-Pre Refresh
NHTSB 10 Most Recent Tests-No Tesla Models
SA Contact-This week
New SA Information-None
Tesla App Last E Mail- 8/2020
Last Refresh Spotted-5/19 Fremont supercharger.
Building Permits-No Change
Tesla S/X Communication: 5/12. Elon tweeting about pure vision FSD. “Release goes out next week to US production”.
Update to 5/19/21
12 days to go. 🤣🤣🤣

All wheel steering too. It drives like it's on rails. It wasn't the top for speed even back then, but man was it fun to drive.

I didn't buy it for the speed. I fell in love with the look and all the cool gadgets. I rode sport bikes for 15 years for speed. They were getting MS Plaid acceleration back in the 90's.
Yea the fastest sport bikes were getting ‘almost’ model S plaid acceleration around the time the first Hayabusa came out. I have a Ducati Xdiavel which is a pretty fast bike but my P100D would roast it at any speed.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and T-Racer