Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add one more to the "Late August" list

I also confirmed last week with a SN in the 19700 range and my dashboard shows a late August delivery.
The only difference is I haven't heard from anybody. I called the Tesla store in the mall and found out who my DS is and emailed him a couple of days ago... no reply.
Frustrating... but I guess the communication will come in time.:scared:

I also confirmed last week with a SN in the 19700 range and my dashboard shows a late August delivery.
The only difference is I haven't heard from anybody. I called the Tesla store in the mall and found out who my DS is and emailed him a couple of days ago... no reply.
Frustrating... but I guess the communication will come in time.:scared:
calling works better most times I found.

calling works better most times I found.

Calling and emails have been useless for me, no good explanations or details, just the continuing discrepancy between what the My Tesla dashboard says and what the DS says, and the DS has no certainty.

I suspect the reality is my car is on a boat for Norway right about now, and I have to wait for a whole wave of cars any one of which could've been mine to head on over there too, so our Euro friends can have a few -- they've been waiting much longer, so it's only fair.

Calling and emails have been useless for me, no good explanations or details, just the continuing discrepancy between what the My Tesla dashboard says and what the DS says, and the DS has no certainty.

I suspect the reality is my car is on a boat for Norway right about now, and I have to wait for a whole wave of cars any one of which could've been mine to head on over there too, so our Euro friends can have a few -- they've been waiting much longer, so it's only fair.
Sorry to hear that. My inside DS was excellent. Returned every phone call (or answered when I called) and email within 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly what is the My Tesla Dashboard mentioned here?
On the Tesla Home page, open 'my tesla' tab, then the dashboard tab should be given as a choice.

Geez, you know an attempt at humor has failed when you start getting people asking (even in PMs) in apparent all seriousness, what I mean by "Model S dashboard". I was just making a little joke that one hopes that the CAR's own dashboard is more accurate than the car-order-status dashboard one sees on the My Tesla section of the teslamotors.com website. Hopefully that clears things up. And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast....

I was planning to call, but the guys at the mall store told me this DS was terrible with the phone, and emailing is best. Apparently he isn't good with email either.

If you really get frustrated....ask the mall store guys the name of the supervisor of your DS and email him/her...or total frustration...you could email George Blankenship.

I confirmed on July 21, then nothing changed on the dashboard until Friday when I got a VIN and was contacted by my DS, then yesterday when the status changed from 'sourcing parts' to 'building'. The dashboard has said late August the whole time, but the DS says 'estimated to arrive by 9/10'. So not much longer...

I confirmed on July 21, then nothing changed on the dashboard until Friday when I got a VIN and was contacted by my DS, then yesterday when the status changed from 'sourcing parts' to 'building'. The dashboard has said late August the whole time, but the DS says 'estimated to arrive by 9/10'. So not much longer...

It is a tough couple weeks when you know it is 'in production'.....but, worth it in the long run.

I just confirmed. So now it's real :)

First saw a car in March 2013 down in the Bellevue store and was blown away. Bought shares immediately. Well, we all know how that turned out! Finally drove one last weekend (again in Bellevue) on August 10th and ended up putting in an order immediately after the test drive. Spent the last week tweaking the config and trying to talk myself out of it (I couldn't). So tonight I got my 4-year-old son to hit the "Confirm Now" button. My config is black 85kWh, black leather, pano roof, tech, sound, parking sensors, child seats. How long should I expect? I'm guessing delivery will be mid to late October. Hopefully that's enough time to get my garage sorted.

This is different that what I experienced. I confirmed on 8/8, and the next day I had a VIN and "sourcing parts". Yet to hear from my DS. Sent another email this morning, and still nothing.
I wonder why you guys are getting calls right away, and I can't get my DS to respond?
Maybe I'll pay a visit to my Service Center on the way home tonight...

This is different that what I experienced. I confirmed on 8/8, and the next day I had a VIN and "sourcing parts". Yet to hear from my DS. Sent another email this morning, and still nothing.
I wonder why you guys are getting calls right away, and I can't get my DS to respond?
Maybe I'll pay a visit to my Service Center on the way home tonight...

I didn't hear from my DS until production of my car was complete.

My experience was:
7/29 placed the order.
7/30 order was confirmed.
A couple days after that I received a call from my DS saying the car would be ready 8/19 - Made a 10am appointment to pick it up at Fremont - (I was very excited)
8/6 I was at the Santana Row Tesla showroom getting my Model S fix for the day and got another call from DS saying the date had slipped to 8/26 - Made another 10am appointment - (Big let down)
Dashboard since 7/30 had always said LATE August delivery and "sourcing parts".
8/7 Got another call from DS saying it had slipped again! (ack!) Sept. 3rd was the new date. Made a 2pm appointment.
Now my dashboard shows this date however still shows "sourcing parts". No calls from DS since which I see as a good thing.

2 weeks and a day left. Dreading the next Tesla phone call, hoping its good news not bad.

My experience was:
7/29 placed the order.
7/30 order was confirmed.
A couple days after that I received a call from my DS saying the car would be ready 8/19 - Made a 10am appointment to pick it up at Fremont - (I was very excited)
8/6 I was at the Santana Row Tesla showroom getting my Model S fix for the day and got another call from DS saying the date had slipped to 8/26 - Made another 10am appointment - (Big let down)
Dashboard since 7/30 had always said LATE August delivery and "sourcing parts".
8/7 Got another call from DS saying it had slipped again! (ack!) Sept. 3rd was the new date. Made a 2pm appointment.
Now my dashboard shows this date however still shows "sourcing parts". No calls from DS since which I see as a good thing.

2 weeks and a day left. Dreading the next Tesla phone call, hoping its good news not bad.

I stopped by and talked to the store manager at the mall on my way home.
Sounds like what you (we) are experiencing is the norm right now. He told me between them retooling to add the new options (parking sensors, winter package, etc...), and now doing the overseas production, it has everything way overloaded and delayed. I also asked him why everybody's dashboard says "Late August" delivery. He said the whole dashboard is pretty much useless at this point, but they are in the process of reworking it.
He is also guessing that anyone who confirms an order from about now into September will have to wait at least three months for delivery because they are now focusing on the overseas orders.
This is the comment that has me worried the most... did my order make it onto the production schedule in time, or will it be delayed because of the overseas orders?
Apparently my DS is in the process of moving from TX to CO, that's why I haven't heard from him.
The wait goes on!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't hear from my DS until production of my car was complete.

Looking at your signature... What is the Deliv. Button, and why is the delivery date a month later than the Deliv. Button date?