Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks I believe this is the single most important email today on the forum. It means that production is more than five hundred cars ahead...

+1

Even though my cars are several months out.. this news is a huge shift mentally for me.

I've gone from, eh.. they're STILL not even done with the Sigs, yet.. to Holy bageezus, P's are getting notification emails. Can't wait to see new pictures with colors other than Sig Red :).

I know Tesla is having some sort of event in NYC on December 6th. Does anyone in the area have any delivery event scheduled then? My good friend works for a bar-tending company that does events and the company listed is Tesla. He called me because he knows how much I love Tesla.

Oh please share more info if you find out. X I do? Can't believe it would be pricing for the data plans and such... Perhaps east coast superchargers?

Add a new one to the Ps:

P367
Pacific Blue (that's what she will be Christened!)
85kWh
All options except 21" wheels, shelf, and kid seats
Delivery window 12/8-12/22
VIN 1291
Taking delivery at Chicago Svc. Center
Looks like it could be a nice Christmas!

This vehicle represents the pinnacle of my 10+ years of EV experiences. First, lead-acid conversions (2 of them), then upgrade to Lithium, now a production car that can go the distance with little or no range anxiety. After 12/8-12/22 (whenever we get the car) I wil never by another drop of gasoline again as long as I live. No more $ to OPEC - YAHOOO!

I'm surprised that nobody noticed the following news from the TM forum:

"I was also told that the nosecone is changing a bit between Sigs and
Production - there is a slight "lip" on Sig nosecones that is being
removed so the nosecone will be a smooth curve!"

And here folks have been saying that the only thing exclusive about sigs was the red color... :)

I did a quick scan of the posts since Tim posted his delivery email. I counted only one P (Tim's) and about nine Rs, plus a few Sigs. Did any other Ps get this email?

Please see my post above

- - - Updated - - -

I did a quick scan of the posts since Tim posted his delivery email. I counted only one P (Tim's) and about nine Rs, plus a few Sigs. Did any other Ps get this email?

Please see my post above

R123 confirming here:

Received email.
Had common My Garage glitch.
Contacted Delivery mailbox.
Neil, within minutes, sorted out the tech glitch.
Answered the delivery questions. Given delivery window of Dec 1-15.
Moments later Neil then confirmed back via email - Vin: P01309 and shared that our car is currently ready to ship.
I understand from others, being in Texas, we have to execute our transaction interstate before the car can ship.

Boy that was a productive day!!!

P1187 or VIN1187?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Sublimaze1 - P188 did..

Right, but that was quite a while ago and, I think, special circumstances. So now it looks like there are three. And I see that Tim is beginning to fill in the spreadsheet.

Maybe if I keep staring at my screen, mine will come.

I did have a "special circumstance" issue about three weeks ago ... however, it was followed up by a bona fide, non-"encouraged" email yesterday