Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the "little car avatars" on the screen, except for the ones next to me and behind me the others in front of the car are worthless and serve no purpose that I can think of.
It is useful to see if TACC or Autopilot is tracking a lead car and which one it is (e.g. if you want to confirm that it is seeing a car that is merging into your lane ahead of you). The tracked car has a different color than the others.

With all three cameras recording, each camera has its own file. My car is backed into my driveway. The left most pic is the dashcam showing the street and house across the street. Middle pic is the left camera showing my BMW parked next to the 3. The right pic is the right Camera showing my walkway up to my house. It’s really dark so pics are not the best. These are all video files. But way too big to post
Wait a min. Aren't there more than 3 cameras?

Fair enough as far as recording goes, but isn't sentry mode supposed to be a deterrent more than anything? You want to subject your dog to the sounds coming out of a sentry mode alarm? From what I've seen that would be pretty cruel. For what it's worth, I'm talking about the systems as they're implemented today, not hypothetically how one might engineer them, but it seemed like that should be a given.

Certainly not my dog.....but I know some people...….

Anyway. Just sayin.

Ugh, please don’t let this thread go off the rails about how useful or unuseful TeslaFi is. Please...

That wasnt the intent. I dont use it and think its useful actually... but I dont think its useful in determining whether to get upset with tesla over installed updates.

I supposedly have "priority updates" having obtained enough referrals, and verified by the loot box app as being enabled, however I never seem to get any of these updates before the mass roll out. Still trying to determine what "priority updates" means, as right now, for me, it means nothing.

I know I will get it eventually however.

I'd call that a beta test. I love Tesla and my Model 3, but you can't say it was released two weeks ago when less than 2% of the owners have the release and they keep stopping and releasing new ones. That's called a beta test. That's fine, just be upfront and honest about it. We'll all wait, but when you say it's released then that's just not the truth. It was like when they told me my Model 3 was going to arrive, then hours before they say a lie then give me the next day, then the next, then ignore calls. Honest, open communication is the hallmark of a good company and Tesla needs to learn that.
Of course the next complaint if they didn't release early would be that it takes too long for new features to arrive.
In reality it isn't beta at all, its just how software is released in the modern world. Release early and release often. :)

Pretty sure we already know the answer to this one :)
or are you suggesting that it can somehow see through the tape over the camera?
Not even sure why you'd put tape over the cameras.

I expect he's theorizing about a thief who covers up the cameras prior to committing their crime.

1. Thieves doing these crimes aren't that smart.
2. See #1.

I have asked numerous times but gotten no response. Doubt it is as no one seems to answer
I got this reply today from customer service:

"Track Mode was first available to Model 3 Performance cars with the Performance Upgrade Package (PUP). Model 3 Performance cars without PUP received Track Mode in software update 2019.4. Note that performance and endurance is comparatively lower without performance tires and brakes.

Based on the above statement, you should be getting track mode as soon as your vehicle gets the 2019.4 update which should be soon. I show that Tesla has already started to push that update out to some customers. The updates are pushed out in batches randomly so it is hard to say exactly when you will receive the update but if I were to guess, you should have it within a month or less. Please make sure to connect your vehicle to wifi whenever possible to help ensure you get the updates as quickly as possible.

Thank you and have a great day.

Daniel B. | Tesla Support"

So it could be that no one here has a P3D-.

• Informative
Reactions: Lucky13
"Track Mode was first available to Model 3 Performance cars with the Performance Upgrade Package (PUP). Model 3 Performance cars without PUP received Track Mode in software update 2019.4. Note that performance and endurance is comparatively lower without performance tires and brakes.

Based on the above statement, you should be getting track mode as soon as your vehicle gets the 2019.4 update which should be soon. I show that Tesla has already started to push that update out to some customers. The updates are pushed out in batches randomly so it is hard to say exactly when you will receive the update but if I were to guess, you should have it within a month or less. Please make sure to connect your vehicle to wifi whenever possible to help ensure you get the updates as quickly as possible.

Ha, they got you. They aren't pushing 2019.4 to Model 3s. Model 3s are getting 2019.5.x. :rolleyes::eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte
Ha, they got you. They aren't pushing 2019.4 to Model 3s. Model 3s are getting 2019.5.x. :rolleyes::eek:
They are not pushing 2019.5.x to Model 3's. TeslaFi only shows 1 pushed out (to the ones they track) over the past 3 days and only a grand total of 1.8% of TeslaFi users with Model 3's even have the 2019.5.x series installed. It's not actively being pushed out at all. 2019.4.2 is actively being pushed out, though that has slowed down and seems to be more of a European thing.