Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed update…interior lights, hazard lights and voice commands don’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i live in an apartment and I don’t have access to public WiFi at work (hospital), so I normally install updates via hotspot. I downloaded the 2023.2.10 update on Saturday and installed it. The screen did not give me a warning or anything that it had failed but the hazard light button is not lit up anymore, vanity mirror lights don’t work, dome lights don’t work and neither does voice commands. I asked Tesla to push the update out again so I can install it and they did. After attempting to install, the issue persisted. I went into service mode and tried to download it again but the issue did not resolve. I have a service appointment coming up but want to just get it sorted by myself rather than bringing the car in.

Of note, I installed the Hansshow DIY new version audio upgrade kit. Which is also why I do not want to bring the car in to teal for this issue. I’m afraid they might void my warranty. Even thoughs it’s just a wire harness.(no tap)

What are my next steps?

Has anyone experienced this?

The error message in service mode is GTW_w072 _updateFailure

See attached picture.

Thanks I’m advanced!

Attachments

• 1831C8C9-1CC1-428A-9A7A-1A916BB1F588.jpeg
    1831C8C9-1CC1-428A-9A7A-1A916BB1F588.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 228
So I have a 2019 model 3 Sr plus and this update is failing for me too actually. I've tried probably 5 times now. I have a hanshow mini cluster and thought that was the issue, but unplugged it and anything aftermarket, tried the update again but no success. Same error in service mode 072, although mines accompanied by an odd autopilot ecu communication error until I reboot the MCU then it clears all errors and is fine. I have no issues with hazards or mirrors though. I have tried everything I can think of including swapping the 12v hard resetting, resetting the gateways and doing a software reinstall, keeping anything aftermarket completely removed with no success. I have also messaged Tesla service and got zero responses, so I'm a little frustrated to say the least with teslas communication. If anyone has any ideas let me know, I thought I was the only car with the issue.

So I have a 2019 model 3 Sr plus and this update is failing for me too actually. I've tried probably 5 times now. I have a hanshow mini cluster and thought that was the issue, but unplugged it and anything aftermarket, tried the update again but no success. Same error in service mode 072, although mines accompanied by an odd autopilot ecu communication error until I reboot the MCU then it clears all errors and is fine. I have no issues with hazards or mirrors though. I have tried everything I can think of including swapping the 12v hard resetting, resetting the gateways and doing a software reinstall, keeping anything aftermarket completely removed with no success. I have also messaged Tesla service and got zero responses, so I'm a little frustrated to say the least with teslas communication. If anyone has any ideas let me know, I thought I was the only car with the issue.
I’m having issues with teslas communication as well but have a service appointment this week so let’s see what happens. Has anything been malfunctioning in your car?

I’m having issues with teslas communication as well but have a service appointment this week so let’s see what happens. Has anything been malfunctioning in your car?
The only thing that acts up on mine is the stereo output is unavailable and some odd driver assistance issues. But doing a software reinstall in the service menu clears the issues up luckily. Still annoying it's stuck in a state of not passing updates.

Fixed issue. Turns out initially I made a mistake and accidentally unplugged power to the headliner. (I was following a different audio kit install because lack of instructions)

Entered service mode and redid the update. No more errors

The
Having this same issue with the mini display. Where did you unplug the headliner? I’m currently uninstalling everything, hoping it’ll fix back up.
headliner connection is on the drivers side on American vehicles. When you open black trim there should be a blue plug there by the door hinge that you might have not plugged back in