Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cammisa is one of the most respected Auto journalists there is. The other people that were there were there because they have large audiences that they can reach out to.

Cammisa was there because he knows cars better than just about anyone else. That and he has a pretty big audience too.
Yup and his videos are the absolute best, esp when it comes to production value; this comes at the expense of the number of videos he produces, though, so it becomes more quality over quantity. Throttle House is my second favorite, and they strike the best balance of quality with quantity.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Cammisa is one of the most respected Auto journalists there is. The other people that were there were there because they have large audiences that they can reach out to.

Cammisa was there because he knows cars better than just about anyone else. That and he has a pretty big audience too.

What are you looking for in tires?
I want to get 18s. Hate driving on 20s.

Also, just ordered!

Canadian orders are showing July. However today the service advisor told me they are expected in December. (In Canada)
I’m hoping he’s misinformed, or guessing. …
I'd be surprised if it's December before any deliver for you guys. You get your vehicles from Giga Shanghai, and I remember seeing a story of a flyover showing a bunch of Model 3 Performances being loaded near a dock or something. So that must mean they've started producing and exporting them.
But, as with everything Tesla, timelines are VERY fluid.

I have 20” T Sportline wheels and Hankook tires coming tomorrow. This is a square efficiency setup I am going to run for daily driving if I sell the 18s with my old car when the new one comes.
Why are you planning on going with 20” instead of the 18’s you have been running? Is this purely for looks and do you expect there would be a noticeable difference in range between 20” and 18” of the same wheel design and same tires.

I know you did a lot of testing with range between different sets of wheels.

Why are you planning on going with 20” instead of the 18’s you have been running? Is this purely for looks and do you expect there would be a noticeable difference in range between 20” and 18” of the same wheel design and same tires.

I know you did a lot of testing with range between different sets of wheels.
I am not sure which set I am going with yet. I have both to test. The 20s are ultra efficient while also being my ideal design for looks.

The 20” wheels weigh over 24 lbs but the 18” tires weigh 24 lbs too. The 18” wheels weigh 22 lbs but the 20” tires are really light at 22 lbs. Both sets should have similar weight when combined.

I am getting literally stupid efficiency with the 18” Hankooks right now. There is a possibility that the 20” wheels could be even better.

Tesla just told me that the trade-in HAS to happen on the day of delivery. That means if the car is delivered June 2nd(example), most of our trade-in offers just expired end of May and now we have a new trade in offer possibly thousands less than original
my 2020 M3P 36k miles was quoted at 25.1k for a trade in . a few days later Tesla asked for some pictures and then re-adjusted it to 20k. what a joke.