Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone!

Finally took my delivery of Long Range, White interior, Stealth Grey, 18" wheels this past Saturday!!
The whole process of taking delivery went smooth and there were a bunch of other folks taking deliveries of Cybertrucks and other models.

I took my time and thoroughly went through the checklist and checked everything.. probably took me an hour, but well worth it. I found a few small cosmetic things like a small tiny chip and in one spot the paint was a bit dull. Also inside on the panel there was some dirt. But they took care of everything on the spot and buffed out the paint and filled the chip so well I cannot tell where it was!
The panels are all great, except for one fender that's just slightly misaligned but its so small that I even lost which fender it was at some point so I have zero worries about it.

The car was super clean and ready to go at delivery time. No issues at all, very pleasant experience!

Took some pictures for you all to enjoy!
Wow that may be the most beautiful LED alignment on both doors I’ve seen so far. I hope I’m as lucky. Enjoy!

Reactions: catxi and evfangirl
Your alignment is
After a loooonnngggg wait, I finally took delivery of my LR white/white/photon M3 yesterday! Delivery was ok - I had to wait about 15-20 minutes while they printed out some documents, and the car wasn't cleaned very well. But overall it was pretty quick and painless.

I did a reasonably thorough inspection and didn't find any reportable issues. The LED strips are well aligned on the driver's side, and a little off on the passenger side, but not enough to bother me. Coming from a 2020 LR model 3, this car feels really well built. When you close the doors it just sounds solid, compared to my old car which sounded a bit hollow. The turn signal buttons take a little while to get used to, but I'm pretty comfortable with it after ~24hrs and I don't find myself reaching for the non-existent stalk! As has been mentioned before, these buttons don't work 100% of the time, and are a bit sensitive to where you apply pressure. I think my only complaint would be with the glovebox. It looks/feels/sounds very cheap, and it's next to impossible to fit my hand in there enough to access the USB port.

And FWIW, I did get another free FSD monthlong trial on the new car, even though I had that on my previous car as well.

Overall I'm glad I waited and didn't cancel out of frustration. Good luck to all of those who are still waiting - I sincerely hope the VIN gods smile on you soon!
Your alignment is amazing. Mine not so much. I asked to have it fixed and was Told it’s within specs. So I’m choosing to think of it as a raised eyebrow. I’ll ask about it again if it needs to go in for something else

How's this for a new level of frustration? The very Tesla shop that I'll be picking my new car up at (eventually) has in CURRENT INVENTORY...
Red... white interior... Long range... and NOVA wheels. My 1/17 order is Photons. Only difference. Don't want to lose that range.

I called to ask if they can swap for Photons and I can pick it up straight away, but NOPE. They can't swap out the wheels.

The wait... continues... :(

Last edited:
How's this for a new level of frustration? The very Tesla shop that I'll be picking my new car at (eventually) has in CURRENT INVENTORY...
Red... white interior... Long range... and NOVA wheels. My 1/17 order is Photons. Only difference. Don't want to lose that range.

I called to ask if they can swap for Photons and I can pick it up straight away, but NOPE. They can't swap out the wheels.

What's your EDD. You should get a VIN soon since your order is for a M3LR.

Your alignment is

Your alignment is amazing. Mine not so much. I asked to have it fixed and was Told it’s within specs. So I’m choosing to think of it as a raised eyebrow. I’ll ask about it again if it needs to go in for something else
When you try again, note the request with "second request". They will definitely look at it by the time you say 3rd request. They may say NO, but they'll take a serious look at it first.

Reactions: catxi and evfangirl
How's this for a new level of frustration? The very Tesla shop that I'll be picking my new car up at (eventually) has in CURRENT INVENTORY...

That is neither surprising nor frustrating. You're choosing the photon wheels, which is fine. But it isn't surprising or frustrating that you're having to wait on them. It'd be one thing if they refused to let you change your order to take current inventory (which won't happen).

Can those who are receiving their cars from this point forward post pictures of the LED strip where it joins both front doors? Trying to see if they’ve gotten the alignment down finally.
Here are mine. I picked my car up May 5
IMG_7361.jpeg
IMG_7362.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpegIMG_7362.jpeg

As time goes by im starting to doubt my choice. Tesla stock is going down and probably will continue to go until the make a meaningful advance on fsd. Meanwhile the customer service is going downhill along side it. Long wait time, while others can order from inventory. No answer or just bs from sales rep. Any meaningful question is waiting for ever on HQ….
Also i have no doubt the price will drop soon. As soon as they have enough capacity they will reduce the price. Especially next year when new y is released and with performance technically costing less than LR. So its almost a given that i will loose a good chunk within the next 6 months
I might wait to checkout ex30 and maybe switch. Im just worried thats too small. Anyways, i think the company acts like a startup while being valued as all card companies combined.

As time goes by im starting to doubt my choice. Tesla stock is going down and probably will continue to go until the make a meaningful advance on fsd. Meanwhile the customer service is going downhill along side it. Long wait time, while others can order from inventory. No answer or just bs from sales rep. Any meaningful question is waiting for ever on HQ….
Also i have no doubt the price will drop soon. As soon as they have enough capacity they will reduce the price. Especially next year when new y is released and with performance technically costing less than LR. So its almost a given that i will loose a good chunk within the next 6 months
I might wait to checkout ex30 and maybe switch. Im just worried thats too small. Anyways, i think the company acts like a startup while being valued as all card companies combined.
You should reconsider your order. Some of your expectations don't align with getting a Tesla. Some are just you blaming Tesla for normal things. Everyone knows that the Refresh Y is coming out next year. So OBVIOUSLY, a current car will drop in value next year. DUH. But you'll also get a better deal today than when the Y launched. Blaming Tesla for that is just not accepting your own accountability. If you don't want to pay, then get the Prius that you are considering. They aren't the same value or car. What's really odd is that you're including getting FSD, knowing that you can't recoup that in case of getting rid of the car. It costs $8000 now. You can get it on a monthly basis for $99. So, it'll take 6.6 years to get to $8000. If you're already on the fence about Tesla, then why order FSD?

• Disagree
Reactions: Whitezoid